Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch '24 hour Dartathon' for the Teenage Cancer Trust

Fat Tom Daley

The club are planning to do a '24 Hour Dartathon' to raise money for the club's official charity partner Teenage Cancer Trust. The event will take place from a Friday afternoon till Saturday afternoon in the clubhouse. The date of the event is to be confirmed.

We are looking at the format at the moment but the main idea is to have a total 25,001 which we writtle down in 24 hours. Volunteers can stay as long as they wish as we try and achieve this.

If you are interested in playing or wish to volunteer for the event (i.e. scoring/raffle) please let me know here or by email at afchsa@hotmail.co.uk

Jordan

Don't do darts, too slim I guess, but I'd certainly support it by bending my elbow for another reason.

Depending on when I'll come along to be sociable

Can the date be looked at again?

If its the only date the club can do then fine,I just think its a bit rushed IMO and if we are going to do such an event I think we should be giving ourselves the best possible chance to publicise it for our fans,which means not promoting it out of season.

I know we sometimes just want to go ahead and do things as we get excited but the end of June is a pretty funny time of year with holidays etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry,I said it once and I will say it again,this is too rushed and at the wrong time.

This forum and website are dead at the moment,drumming up support is going to be very hard in just over a month.

By all means go ahead with it but these things need planning,you have 5 weeks to go ahead with it,that's no time at all and the majority of hornchurch fans and locals simply won't know its happening.

I don't think you can do it with the board situation as it is.

I know Wally spoke to me and he was going to look into getting some boards that could be hung on the wall and the boards go directly onto them,I would at least get these up first or you will be constantly moving the temporary stands etc,plus you need another mat

We are trying to drum up support for a worthwhile cause but this is not helping with this negativity Rob. These factors have all been considered. Publicity I am planning to speak to someone at the Recorder to see if we can get a piece. On their TCT website they are planning to do something. It's already on our club website. I am going to speak to someone about the boards this week. Got some players in the woodwork, other items will be announced this week.