Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 5 Basildon 1

Another win which turned out to be comfortable in the end but I thought the game was scrappy for large parts.

The Essex Senior League is a very physical division and Basildon showed that at times, they didn't back out of a challenge and they were happy to go shoulder-to-shoulder.  For large periods they didn't look all that bad but without looking great or creating too much.

Their equaliser straight after the opening goal made it interesting but that was the end of them as a serious attacking side.

Billericay took their time to settle in to their normal passing game, Basildon kept it scrappy and physical but eventually the extra class with creating and finishing showed.

It got techy for a short time in the second half over what was a very minor incident, and one that wasn't intentional.  Junior got extremely wound up about something and had to be taken off because of it.

I saw Basildon play Heybridge in the FA Cup earlier in the season and they looked bloody awful as Swifts made easy work of them.  They look far better now, a lot more organised and a lot better first touches and passing.  One winger looked lively at times tonight.

Hat goes off to Craig Edwards again.  He mixed the side around a bit more tonight, which will keep it fresh and hopefully give players an opportunity to challenge for a place and push the side on further.

Finally I'd like to thank the gentleman that offered me a lift home tonight.  I've never met him before and it's nice to see people are still like that in this day and age.  I couldn't find you afterwards but even after I'd sent a text to my usual lift home he still text me to say he was on his way.

Pleased to get through and in the end our quality told. I also thought Basildon played well and made it hard for us especially in the first half.

I think Craig would have learned a lot about different players in different positions and its full steam ahead to Guernsey now.

Allez Les Bleus!

Was also at that FA Cup game looks like a few closet bee's fans on here :P  ,Was a decent game with Basildon making a fist of it they did well for an hour but when fitness kicked in we looked like scoring every time we launched an attack .

Hopefully get a decent draw next round and that will give us all something to look forward too.

Well done Gentlemen :top:

Archived