Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures Tuesday 12th November

T.C. the culture of Players has changed rapidly over the last few years,do they really care about their Clubs anymore? Nice to see an Old School type footballer on my last visit to watch Croydon F.C. play,he was in the Clubhouse pre match putting a few pounds in the fruit machine,played his heart out on the pitch (no payment)Post Match in the bar with his Girlfriend and 2 Friends,spending good money,having a game of pool,left at 9pm.No prima donna.The reason he had never played at this level before,just Sunday Football with his mates,he  was in awe of what he was getting for nothing,Kit washed,a decent playing surface to play on,Training facilities paid for etc.Give me 14 like him anyday,Ben Mankelow was his name,proud to of met you Son.

Nice Smudge !  ...  and I see the lad is banging in the goals !  Just goes to show that IF managers have the time, you can find a nugget playing Sunday morning football who is not associated with a Saturday club..... they are out there, one needs to be vigilant ! :)  

Sounds nice Smudge. Last week I paid £3 to train paid £5 to play and paid £12 to take the kit to the Launderette because it was my turn to do the kit and as most know it was a little muddy on Saturday and we have a white kit.

Good Man,the best £20 you have ever spent.Suggestion buy a Washing Machine or use Mums,it must be cheaper in the long run. ;)

The football management team at Dorking have this year bought new home and away kits and club track suits partly from sponsorship and partly I guess from their own pockets.With considerable help from most of the players fences were painted stud walls put up dressing rooms painted in and out footpaths jet washed in the summer.You name it we've done it. We wash the kit and continue to engage everyone in the running of the club. Hopefully some of the grass roots mentality has been instilled into the current crop of Dorking players and staff and they will continue to do their bit on and off the pitch.

To put not too fine a point on the materr, we for the short term, must rely on other clubs co-operation as far as matches etc, are concerned, and wait to see exactly what the local authority are prepared to do to help.

At the present time, the club is endeavouring to ascertain the cost involved.  It will certainly run over four figures, and as the Gaffer, Glynn said to the local press, it cannot be done on a two-day quick fix !

Edited by Big J R