Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ashford Town (The new manager) who will it be?

Tel

Who will it be!

Andy Smith could get a call, I think he and Mark Harper have left Hampton, the brothers from Bedfont Sports might like a dabble. Mick Snowden would he fancy another crack at Ashford,

I know he has just picked up the reins at Bedfont Sports but who knows.

Any other suggestions

Former Ash Trees midfield dynamo Paul Johnson, manager at Spelthorne Sports?

Any of the ex-Ashford lads currently with Staines Lammas? By the way, Nathan's the only ex-Ashford manager not to be dismissed by us after the side conceded eight.

By the way, Andy Smith joined Chertsey Town as assistant manager at the start of this season.

Not sure about the Bamfords. They left us in a very inauspicious manner, without the club getting a proper seven day approach. Not sure they'd be universally popular.

Ian Holloway would bring some character to the place!

Whoever comes in will have a Hell of a role. We have been in this position once before, when we managed just 8 points from our first 16 games in our first Isthmian Div 1 South season, then we had a massive clearout of players and managed 45 points from the remaining 30 games to finish comfortably above the drop zone.

I'm not advocating a massive player clearout this time round (we've already had that this season!), though I'm sure the new manager will have his own ideas. The fact is, he'll need to hit the ground running and we'll need playoff form again, close to 40 points from the remaining 25 games, to save ourselves.

Burgo performed miracles on a shoestring, and let's remember that, with no previous managerial experience, he shaped a successful squad when only five players from the previous campaign turned up for the next season's first training session. It has to be said, though, that I think we've missed Steve Battams this season. I understand Burgo and Batts had different personalities and attitudes which complimented each other. It turns out Steve Scott's personality was similar to Burgo's and it didn't work out.

We're in our 24th senior season and, in that time, we've only had six permanent managers, and I think Burgo was only the second not to resign. That says a lot about this club.

I only hope Burgo doesn't feel a stranger and he comes back to his spiritual home soon. I'll happily buy him a beer. For all he's done on the pitch and in the dugout, I probably owe him a brewery!

Steve scott never got a say in who plays burgo picked the team scotty gave him two or 3 players in the summer to sign burgo never finished the deal dont forget steve scott played for england u18 qpr slough in the conference so think his knows the game you lost a good footballing person

I'm not doubting Steve Scott's ability or track record, far from it, and it is indeed a shame he lasted such a short time at the club. In terms of Burgo not signing those players, they might have wanted more than we could afford, which isn't much at all.

The right decision in my eyes, the squad now need to step up and take responsiblity as well and show they want to be part of a new and possibly very exiting era !!!Our status is a must and knowing the way Ben likes the game played the results should not be far away albeit we will need ti mix it up a bit abd who care if the first few results are ugly points gained ut will give us a platform. Show these youngsters we believe in them and they will deliver im sure and there is know better way to start than get all the juniors and parents in for saturday at a reduced rate to get behind the Team and boost the confidence si they do not think they are on their own.

Zola, all junior parents should have membership passes that entitle them to pay the concession rate of £5 to any game. Let see a few down there on Saturday supporting Ben and the lads.

Archived