Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Winter Olympics

Is anyone actually interested in the event, I couldn't name one participant from any Country

Frosty the Snowman, not sure what country he comes from though.

Never Neverland, same as our Rhodesly.

Is there actually a need for the Winter Olympics, what's the point.

Is there actually a need for the Winter Olympics, what's the point.

This sounds like an interesting train of thought Rhodesly. What is the point of the Summer Olympics if you feel this way?

Loose, on 09 Feb 2014 - 9:16 PM, said:

This sounds like an interesting train of thought Rhodesly. What is the point of the Summer Olympics if you feel this way?

The summer Games are a big deal though aren't they, who actually remembers a single moment from any winter Games other than Torvill and Dean and Eddie the Eagle Edwards which says it all doesn't it.

The summer Games are a big deal though aren't they, who actually remembers a single moment from any winter Games other than Torvill and Dean and Eddie the Eagle Edwards which says it all doesn't it.

I remember Franz Klammer winning the downhill in the 70s, so that's one "who" eh Rhodesly? So you're wrong aren't you? Aren't you dickwad?

I remember Franz Klammer winning the downhill in the 70s, so that's one "who" eh Rhodesly? So you're wrong aren't you? Aren't you dickwad?

Or Robin Cousins 1980 Gold Medal Winner!

Hookey, on 11 Feb 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

Or Robin Cousins 1980 Gold Medal Winner!

Yes, that's true but who else, I certainly don't remember Franz Klammer

Like watching most of it, but it's ice hockey for me, go Finland

Klammer is probably the most famous skier ever.

Exactly, if you've not heard of Klammer you've been kept locked in a cupboard and plainly unfit to feel qualified to comment on the Winter Olympics!

I vaguely remember this guy skiing downhill at a million miles an hour in the 70s amidst a lot of silly shrill screeching from the crowd, was that him, if so it wasn't exactly Coe v Ovett stuff was it with David Coleman commentating.

Don't worry about it Rhodesly, obviously you're a bit of a novice in these things. Stick to what you do know which is diddly squat anyway.

I vaguely remember this guy skiing downhill at a million miles an hour in the 70s amidst a lot of silly shrill screeching from the crowd, was that him, if so it wasn't exactly Coe v Ovett stuff was it with David Coleman commentating.

It's one thing to say you have little or no interest in the Winter Olympics and that it doesn't compare to the Summer games, I would probably agree with you, but to say you've never heard of Franz Klammer, given your age, is bewildering!

Downhill Skiing, Ski Jumping and the Ice Hockey are the highlights for me.