Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BLUES v THE ISLAND.

11-07-14 BLUES v THE ISLAND - BE THERE!

Its gotta be better than watching Arsenal get spanked by Bayern Munich again!

KO 7.45pm

..now I know that there is a bit of a fixture pile up but is this game really being played on the "11/07/14"?????... :o LOL

So eventually we were bound to get a pasting by someone, Just a shame it was canvey.

1-4 with the final goal being scored by H which was always going to happen  (That's what he doe's so well and we gave him away)

The only saving grace was seeing Matt game sent off for stamping and then hiding in the dugout. Some people never change.

We were always going to have someone sent off once that happened so as the Ref could be seen to even it out. 

In my own opinion we bossed the 1st half and just fell to bit's 2nd half. Never nice to be trashed at home but (on the Brightside) we normally do it to canvey at their place. 

My MOTM for once, The Ref, I thought he was pretty even handed and the right team won on the night. Even if it was canvey.

Chin up lad's and move on to the next game.

I'm sure this won't be a popular post but that's how i saw it tonight. :-(

Lets ignore the Troll.

Canvey have some good experienced players in their squad, and when they went down to 10, they gave everything for their side. Their chasing and closing down of Town was superb, so much so you would have thought it was Town who were a man short. So well done to them.

Yes, I thought we were the better side first half and played some good football. In the second half too many went missing and a lot of the body language will have disappointed Craig.

Anyway, games are coming thick and fast to get it out of the syatem COYB.

ps Agree with BB about the Ref - overall he had a pretty good game, so well done to him

Funny old game last night. We were as poor as I've seen us this season in the first half, so certainly didn't expect the level of improvement in the second.

I felt that we tried to play your style of football in the first half, and you are always going to be better at that than us. After all, you won the league playing a direct style of football, and like it or not it's been successful for you. We couldn't get out of our half, and in the end the 1-0 lead at half time probably flattered us considering how much possession you had.

Whatever was said at half time obviously did the trick, and as soon as we scored the early equaliser I had a feeling that we would go on to win.

I've never been a fan of Ian Fissenden the referee, but I can't argue with the red card for Gameo - stupid thing to do and let the team down at a crucial moment. Thankfully for us it seemed to increase our work rate as opposed to letting you get back on top.

No doubt about the penalty against Ryan Scott but I wasn't 100% about the red card. Sands was about to shoot so I can see why he deemed it to be denying the goalscoring opportunity, but with other defenders in and around it wouldn't have surprised me if it had been yellow.

As for Harrison nicking a 4th at the death, Glenn Poole was very vocal throughout the first half telling H that he didn't fancy it....he who laughs last Pooley!

One thing that was very different to previous derbies was the lack of noise from the home support. Even at 1-0 there was nothing from the Blues fans, not something that I've been used to over the years when we've taken our beatings.

Anyway, I'm sure I enjoyed it more than you lot - all the best for the rest of the season.

"I felt that we tried to play your style of football in the first half, and you are always going to be better at that than us. After all, you won the league playing a direct style of football, and like it or not it's been successful for you. We couldn't get out of our half, and in the end the 1-0 lead at half time probably flattered us considering how much possession you had."

Not so sure I agree on this point TGE.

During the promotion year we had Swainey and Wildy causing chaos plus two long throw experts. We no longer have that and nowadays we keep the ball on the floor much more than we used to. The spell that caused you the most problems last night was quick passing movement on the ground. If anything you had the height advantage which worked well for the set piece equaliser and if I recall correctly, at least one of your other goals came from a long ball out of defence..

Good luck - on your current form you should really be up there in the play-off zone

The Great Ekscape, i do agree with you that it's very quiet on our behalf now. I don't know what it is but it's been like it for a few months now and it's a shame. You couldn't beat the simple 'we hate canvey' being sung throughout derbies and the 'wherever we travel, we'll think Billericay'. Maybe it's due to the performances recently.

We were poor again last night and blaming our pitch as we have done previously is inexcusable now, if Canvey were able to score 4 at New Lodge why can't we? The players didn't seem to know what they were doing and i think that comes down to simply going out there with no instruction at half time, where as Canvey did.

Another thing that has disappointed me was Billy Lumley on twitter. He disagreed with a fan, and fair enough. However it was some of the things that was said. 'come to an away game and see the amazing support we get. Repeat that at home and guarantee the boys will respond.' and 'now grow a pair and come and find me Saturday and we can have a chat on how the fans can help the boys.' So it's our fault now that we're shit at home?! Come on, bit tiresome really.. and extremely unfair on the fans who turn up week in week out

45 min's isn't going to make..or break...a season. But still disappointing its  to get slapped by Canvey, football can be a cruel game at times.

After a great goal by Issac and good dominant first 45, every blues fan, player, and official  was disappointed by the second half performance,  it was addressed honestly by the lads after the game. They're keen to get their boots on and put it right next game. Feeling sorry for themselves isn't an option.

The constant is Billericay Town FC...its OUR team

COYB. 

Archived