Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 29th March Fixtures

Ash utd 2 Raynes park vale 3

Another game lost this time undone by 2 screamers in time added on.

The first 15mins saw both sides create chances which saw us go behind but not ling after we're in front & by ht should have been further in the lead but failed to do so after some good attacking play.

2nd half rpv began to get a grip off the game without really testing us & on the counter attack we could have made the game safe. Then with 90mins on the cllock the first screamer a 20yard volley flow past our keeper & then minutes later another 20yarder hit the top corner of the net deflating the whole team & supporters.

So next its Tuesday for our last home game off the season

Windsor FC 1 v 3 Cove F/T

Another win for Cove ! They are on a roll and climbing the league fast !  Just imagine if they hadn't had such a bad start and were near/in the relegation zone not so long ago !  Is it a coincidence that their recent favourable results have started since Jake Baxter returned back to Cove ? 

Deary me. What a shocking performance by Windsor on Saturday. Cove thoroughly deserved their win and played much better football. What was most annoying was Windsor's insistence in playing long high balls up to a lone striker who was at least 1 foot shorter than the centre backs he was up against. The one occasion that Windsor got the ball down they scored. There was a distinct lack of balance and pace in the side which made it easy for Cove.

As for Ref watch, he had a very solid game and absolutely no complaints from me apart from not waiting to see if any advantage accrued from foul play and this hampered both sides. Certainly one of the better ones that I have seen this season.

Quite frankly, the season cannot finish soon enough. 21 penalties now conceded which is a hideous statistic.

Match report is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN49.html

For what it's worth, I think this was two points dropped. Bedfont Sports have improved and I reckon they will stay up, but they only got into our box three times so to led the lead go twice and draw was a disappointing end. We need to find ways to win these games regardless of the blustery conditions.

Matches to come: Epsom v Windsor (H), Camberley (H), Cove (H), Chessington (A)

South Park v Cove (A), Molesey (H), Wembley (H), Camberley (H)

Camberley v Alton (A), Epsom (A), South Park (A)

Tough matches for all, but if the gap hasn't closed by the end of those matches, the title race will be all over.

Quick stat: We beat Windsor 3-1 in September. In eighteen previous attempts we have NEVER done a League double over them :(

Final note: Saturday's game was excellently controlled (as always) by Danith Bandara. He kept both sides in check by communicating with them in his usual calm manner; not an easy job when a plane roars past every two minutes. Whilst I don't want to see the back of him, how has this guy not been promoted yet?

Edited by E&E Rich