Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

maidstone are worried

dannyriding

With a wage bill of £17k a week it's hard to look past Margate. They paid a £24k signing on fee for a recent signing (£1.7k pw)! Having said that it's not just them. The Greenwich Borough manager has gone full time on £30k a year with their goalkeeper on £250 pw with a £25 pw clean sheet bonus on top of that. How they can pay that on crowds of approximately 6 people is beyond me.

Read more: http://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/3340/title-odds#ixzz38CUfanUh

I really would love to know why people pick a number out of the ether and publish that as absolute truth when the more likely scenario is they "have'nt got a scooby doo"  and are guestimating............... If or should MFC decide to publish their wage bills or their signing on fees the last person to see them would be half-wits like this plonker named SNITCH

I find it strange that on this forum we have people who know the exact budgets of other clubs.

Read more: http://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/3340/title-odds?page=2#ixzz38D0vhiRL

finally a bit of sense from the Maidstone forum :)

With a wage bill of £17k a week it's hard to look past Margate. They paid a £24k signing on fee for a recent signing (£1.7k pw)! Having said that it's not just them. The Greenwich Borough manager has gone full time on £30k a year with their goalkeeper on £250 pw with a £25 pw clean sheet bonus on top of that. How they can pay that on crowds of approximately 6 people is beyond me.

Read more: http://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/3340/title-odds#ixzz38CUfanUh

I really would love to know why people pick a number out of the ether and publish that as absolute truth when the more likely scenario is they "have'nt got a scooby doo"  and are guestimating............... If or should MFC decide to publish their wage bills or their signing on fees the last person to see them would be half-wits like this plonker named SNITCH

I find it strange that on this forum we have people who know the exact budgets of other clubs.

Read more: http://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/3340/title-odds?page=2#ixzz38D0vhiRL

finally a bit of sense from the Maidstone forum :)

All the players at different clubs know each other and no doubt compare what they are on so I guess that is how the gossip starts.

plus if they do compare they may 'slightly' exaggerate what they are actually  paid, so still gossip/guess from the truth and to be fair I personally don't give a toss who earns what what either at Margate or any other team in this league....only there to watch the football !!!!!

this from the Maidstone forum but posted by a Tonbridge supporter (supposedly)

i was looking at these odds and i won't touch it
when tonbridge get to play down there on easter monday , i expect to face a patched up squad of reserves and youths , as the money and interest will have dropped away by february 
you would have to be a complete cock to stick your money into a non entity .like margate , theres no money or fans down there to genrate anything , this is an utterly doomed project

Read more: http://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/3340/title-odds?page=2#ixzz38IjAlmgq

I can only reply by saying "what a dickhead - we will see you (doubtful) at Easter "

this from the Maidstone forum but posted by a Tonbridge supporter (supposedly)

i was looking at these odds and i won't touch it

when tonbridge get to play down there on easter monday , i expect to face a patched up squad of reserves and youths , as the money and interest will have dropped away by february 

you would have to be a complete cock to stick your money into a non entity .like margate , theres no money or fans down there to genrate anything , this is an utterly doomed project

Read more: http://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/3340/title-odds?page=2#ixzz38IjAlmgq

I can only reply by saying "what a dickhead - we will see you (doubtful) at Easter "

these people know so much what the future holds.....can you get his/hers details then they can give me the Euro Millions numbers when there's a few roll overs  

plus if they do compare they may 'slightly' exaggerate what they are actually  paid, so still gossip/guess from the truth and to be fair I personally don't give a toss who earns what what either at Margate or any other team in this league....only there to watch the football !!!!!

Yes, maybe they do exaggerate. Thing is, every player in the Ryman League, and plenty in Conference South, would like to play for Margate given the chance because of the money on offer. That means plenty will be doing their best to impress when they come up against us. That's why any talk of us going the season unbeaten is a bit bonkers.

Yes, maybe they do exaggerate. Thing is, every player in the Ryman League, and plenty in Conference South, would like to play for Margate given the chance because of the money on offer. That means plenty will be doing their best to impress when they come up against us. That's why any talk of us going the season unbeaten is a bit bonkers.

yes good point never thought of it that way

I will take the fact that we will be there to be beaten as we are massive favourites and yes the money is a big factor but to guess whether from players that know our players  what or how much they are being payed is daft.  Cookie raised a good point last night and I quote " when the likes of Whitehawk etc were spending big money with no supporters he said " I  hope they go pop soon".   but when its us that are the big spenders ...................well I kinda understand the dislike of clubs with money but dont understand the utter hate that some peeps are coming across with :(

Edited by dannyriding

I will take the fact that we will be there to be beaten as we are massive favourites and yes the money is a big factor but to guess whether from players that know our players  what or how much they are being payed is daft.  Cookie raised a good point last night and I quote " when the likes of Whitehawk etc were spending big money with no supporters he said " I  hope they go pop soon".   but when its us that are the big spenders ...................well I kinda understand the dislike of clubs with money but dont understand the utter hate that some peeps are coming across with :(

Stating the obvious (well to me)...EVERY club I'm sure would like a person to come in, take over and plough money into a club with a aim of getting the club up the league ladder.  Cannot really believe a club struggling to make ends meet turning up at a meeting and saying to a potential owner "thanks for the offer but no thanks we will carry on struggling keep you're money we'll be fine". All the animosity  from other supporters etc is expected, not nice but expected just gona have to put up with the comments for a while and ride the storm of nasty remarks      

Tbh... From the outside looking in perspective... There are lots of things margate have done that anyone can do to and extent, with loads a cash or not... Have massive ambition, basic improvements to ground, deal with a local bus firm for travel, cracking website that is very very communitive to fans and local media, develop local talent, involve the fans... The above doesn't cost much...

Ride the storm correct. It's a shame tho coz whenever I've spoke to away support at hdp always been good relationship, guess it's the cliche if small jealous minority with nothing better to do... I'd suggest volunteering at their local club to help make them for attractive to potential investors