Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

maidstone are worried

dannyriding

Having read that we are apparently spending money we cant afford and we are assembling a team we will  not be able to sustain then I have one word for the weirdest fans in non-league, if we were you how much would you be celebrating.... oh wait you "were" the richest team in non-league but now your not.................... get over it  the team to win the Ryman League  will not be someone who has another agenda  regarding changing how/if the game should be played on plastic or REAL grass.

what will you think about January time DR if Mr Laslett then decides that Margate should also play on a 3G/4G pitch,which on balance; i would welcome. ? 

When or if thanet council decide they will let Mr laslett have one Lease on the property then I "KNOW" Bob will choose the right thing for MFC .... Micheal you obviously have'nt met  Bob yet and until you understand his enthusiasm then until then its A MUTE SUBJECT.

Why would your chairman decide to put a plastic pitch in and scupper your chances of obvious promotion lol

He did say at a forum meeting that he would consider 3g/4g if he was given the lease he requires - sound business IMO, but the original post was,nt so much against 3g/4g but the weird attitude of some the Maidstone fans regarding our financial situation and the sour grapes that go with it................ strange 

They are bound to be jealous, they have worked hard to get a new ground and gates of 2000 are fantastic

for this level, all of a sudden they have a team in the same league who can compete with them to sign the best players around and there is nothing they can do about it, I think its great and only hope that the Thanet public repay the ambition of our Chairman, bring it on !!

Hi guys, I highly doubt Maidstone fans are jealous, playing in that beautiful new stadium, 1800 people watching them and a pretty good team to go with it. Meanwhile you guys have one of the worst grounds to watch a game in and 250 people turning up, but now the difference is, you have a brilliant team. Sorry guys, but this will crash and burn, whether it takes two years or 10, it will not be sustained. I'm a Wealdstone fan by the way, so I'm certainly not jealous ;)

Hi guys, I highly doubt Maidstone fans are jealous, playing in that beautiful new stadium, 1800 people watching them and a pretty good team to go with it. Meanwhile you guys have one of the worst grounds to watch a game in and 250 people turning up, but now the difference is, you have a brilliant team. Sorry guys, but this will crash and burn, whether it takes two years or 10, it will not be sustained. I'm a Wealdstone fan by the way, so I'm certainly not jealous ;)

I have to say NN3 good luck in Conf South (been there - done that) not going to comment on our crowds or how long it will last but taken from the mouth of your manager..... "Margate WILL be in the Conference with Terry Brown at the helm sooner rather than later", so regarding whether it is sustainable or not lets enjoy what we have NOW and hope we wave to you as we "ZIP" hopefully up the leagues.  You've gotta enjoy the here and now sometimes fella...... dead a Long long time :)

It'll last between 2 & 10 years .........

I'll settle for that!

me too 2-10 years is better then no years in my book.  Another thing I did not know there were so many so called 'experts' from other clubs that KNOW so much about ours and yes we will "enjoy the ride" for how ever long it may last.... some people (bitter or what)!!!!!

Ok-so everyone has a time frame-but maybe just maybe-when the time comes-there is another family member to take it on;or maybe an even bigger benefactor waiting in the wings.

In his own business, i am sure Mr Laslett has a succession plan-one would like to think he has covered similar bases at MFC

Yep-could crash and burn-but equally could get even better.

Furthermore-if the directors have anything about them- over the ensuing months they would be ensuring the future is reasonably secured,(and have a responsibility to do so )and not entirely reliant upon one person and their direct family

Ok-so everyone has a time frame-but maybe just maybe-when the time comes-there is another family member to take it on;or maybe an even bigger benefactor waiting in the wings.

In his own business, i am sure Mr Laslett has a succession plan-one would like to think he has covered similar bases at MFC

Yep-could crash and burn-but equally could get even better.

Furthermore-if the directors have anything about them- over the ensuing months they would be ensuring the future is reasonably secured,(and have a responsibility to do so )and not entirely reliant upon one person and their direct family

Spoke to our new leader last night and this very subject was mentioned............ all sorted :)

• 3 weeks later...

Are Maidstone really worried? I interviewed Frannie Collin and he seems confident they can win the league but did mention Margate could get goals this season - Read what he said here - http://wp.me/p2L9rU-8r

The thread was started on reflection of their fans forum regarding Margates sp[ending and nothing to do with their team.  Maybe in hindsight the heading should have been "Maidstones Fans are Charming"................. :P