Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 23rd August

Please at least tell me the clubhouse is amazing and the welcome is warm?

I have to say that I didn't find Kings Langley that friendly on the two occasions I've encountered them when with Tokyngton Manor, there was one 'fish wife' inparticular involved with the Club and I've never received such a dirty look from anyone in my life when collecting gate money. Also in the Clubhouse at Gaywood Park I felt a little bit uncomfortable and intimidated.

Better stats than his time as a goalkeeper at WGC (1990-1994),

Played 10, Won 1, Lost 9, Goals conceded 31.

Just had a very angry (and possibly quite drunk) gaffa yell down the phone (at Mrs Big Dog) disputing these stats Karen.

Do you have any statto linked evidence that backs this up?

At least he's not bitching at me anymore having lost his unbeaten record this season to a Kings Langley side that by all accounts everyone expected us to beat and me not mentioning it at all on a forum or something . . . 

Yes I can back them up with dates, opposition, competition and score - as I have all records of all games the club has played in the SSML since they joined in 1973 (many long hours spent in Campus West Library looking at old copies of the Welwyn Times along with copies of results sheets submitted by the club.

Added to which I was the club's historian at the time and watched him play.

Tell Alice (his nickname from the Woodman) to face facts and to get on with doing a good job in the hot-seat at Hertford Town.

Edited by Karen Browne

Yes I can back them up with dates, opposition, competition and score - as I have all records of all games the club has played in the SSML since they joined in 1973 (many long hours spent in Campus West Library looking at old copies of the Welwyn Times along with copies of results sheets submitted by the club.

Added to which I was the club's historian at the time and watched him play.

Tell Alice (his nickname from the Woodman) to face facts and to get on with doing a good job in the hot-seat at Hertford Town.

Will do. I'll be seeing him tomorrow for the club's 2014/15 photoshoot pre-FA Cup match so I'll mention it then.

Why "Alice" by the way? Intriguing.