Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 27th December Fixtures

Heard on grapevine that Duncs has been put in temporary charge at Frimly Green.

Is that true?

Is it coincidental that Ruggles had departed from Knaphill, who have a good set up, and maybe going to Frimley Green........if so, I ask why looking at both clubs?

:money1: - some form of a budget at Frimley compared to probably nothing at Knaphill

...assuming he did leave Knaphill for that reason.  Their website says mutal consent which is the polite term for sacked.

Edited by Terrence Collina

:money1: - some form of a budget at Frimley compared to probably nothing at Knaphill

...assuming he did leave Knaphill for that reason.  Their website says mutal consent which is the polite terms   for sacked.

Terrence, as far as rumours go, I do recall that Frimley got promoted to CCL Premier by paying out buckets loads hence all the mercenaries joined them !

Since then, some of those mercenaries, if not all, have left since the money man (chairman ?) stopped paying out the money the following season, where they finished half way (ish) if my memory serves me well....... so do Frimley actually have that bigger budget ?... current results certainly do not show it !

Terrence, as far as rumours go, I do recall that Frimley got promoted to CCL Premier by paying out buckets loads hence all the mercenaries joined them !

Since then, some of those mercenaries, if not all, have left since the money man (chairman ?) stopped paying out the money the following season, where they finished half way (ish) if my memory serves me well....... so do Frimley actually have that bigger budget ?... current results certainly do not show it !

I think the problems at Frimley go beyond the money. It seems as soon as Thumwood left for Baggie Lea (presumably for more money considering BL were in the bottom 3), then everyone else started to leave. They did manage to persuade Dale Webb to join from Camberley (where he was worshipped and was coaching) and Ryan Stephens to join from Hartley Wintney so I don't think they have a shortage of cash - maybe it was the manager? Of course, this is all speculation.

Edited by elnino

:money1: - some form of a budget at Frimley compared to probably nothing at Knaphill

...assuming he did leave Knaphill for that reason. Their website says mutal consent which is the polite term for sacked.

Just to stop the Rumour going further regarding 'being sacked'

He wasn't. It was literally a mutual agreement to part company. Certain things couldn't be agreed and both felt it best to part ways. This enables Knaphill and Phil to both make fresh starts. As yet there are no immediate plans for either party, other than Knaphill's coaches caretaking.

The budget was nothing like what was being rumoured and to call the players mercenaries is disrespectful, many didn't get paid a thing and played because they wanted to win the league. Many very good players don't win leagues but they did, which you can never take away from them.

The budget was nothing like what was being rumoured and to call the players mercenaries is disrespectful, many didn't get paid a thing and played because they wanted to win the league. Many very good players don't win leagues but they did, which you can never take away from them.

Mercenaries is a common word with all walks of ''semi-pro'' football (if that's what one wants to call it) and even in the pro game, its a fact of life, if someone is offering players very good money they will take it, its about the playing level where they take the money in my opinion, but its upto the player's choice.   

Fair comment Ian, but with respect, one must consider why very good players playing in CCL Premier decided to play at a lower Div.(CCL Div.1) sure this leads to a little speculation as to why, this is here money rears its ugly head as it did at the time. 

Mercenaries is a common word with all walks of ''semi-pro'' football (if that's what one wants to call it) and even in the pro game, its a fact of life, if someone is offering players very good money they will take it, its about the playing level where they take the money in my opinion, but its upto the player's choice.   

Fair comment Ian, but with respect, one must consider why very good players playing in CCL Premier decided to play at a lower Div.(CCL Div.1) sure this leads to a little speculation as to why, this is here money rears its ugly head as it did at the time. 

I suspect there are many reasons players choose to play at a particular level, one 'experts' suggest isn't their upper limit. Amongst these could be liking the people around you, geographical and travelling factors and having a better understanding of your abilities than on-looking 'experts'.

A somewhat comical use of the term 'mercenaries', bearing in mind the sums of money we are likely to be taking about...mercenaries in terms so loose, if they were trousers, they would be round by your ankles.

Edited by thevoiceofreason