Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

todays result's and table

epicrebel

wont make any difference in terms of the game, it will be replayed (and you have to feel for Corby for that journey on a Tuesday night), when we were at Godalming we were away to Eastbourne which is not the easiest place to go to and were 2-1 down in the 91st minute and down to 10 men, when there was a power cut and game abandoned....

The game was replayed and we went and won 4-0!!!

I thought there was a rule whereby if a certain amount of time had been played the result stood? Surely logic and common sense must prevail on this occasion where such little time was left and distance involved?

As I have said above, there is no rule at all in place, and they will have to go back there, when we were away at Eastbourne there was 2 minutes of injury time left and down to 10, and the game had to be replayed...

This game in question was 2-1 to Corby, with Truro by all accounts on top and back in the game at home, and a fault occurred with the lights, with 8 minutes plus injury time left, so plenty of time to get an equaliser and even potentially a winner.

However I did see that some of the lights were still working, and the ref asked both managers if they would carry on with less light, however not surprisingly the Truro manager said no and Corby manager said yes... so that is the only thing that might stop it being replayed, as when ours went out, it was pure darkness.

God that is so unfair, 85 mins played, winning, their flood lights go and you have to play again and travel all the way to Truro most likely on a Tuesday night.

Sue

Sue Truro had just made it 2-1 when the lights went out so anything could of happened (*rule 8.3.1). Unlike our game we should of been winning by a bigger score at half time,with I think only one winning outcome, and it wasn't (for a better word) a natural occurrence (*rule 3.8.4).

(*) from a twitter feed by corby

Sue Truro had just made it 2-1 when the lights went out so anything could of happened (*rule 8.3.1). Unlike our game we should of been winning by a bigger score at half time,with I think only one winning outcome, and it wasn't (for a better word) a natural occurrence (*rule 3.8.4).

(*) from a twitter feed by corby

Not sure if Sue was being a bit tongue in cheek with her comment.

Archived