Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Poole Town

Reading Rebel

A preview with team news will be coming up on the main site shortly. Will be a few fitness tests and last minute decisions to make tomorrow.

Biggest decision will be who to give the armband to as it appears to be cursed! Obviously club skipper Foulser has been out for a year, Clurgy took over the armband this season and has been out injured since the start of December.........so we gave it to Searsy and he got injured.....then Ben Ed took over last Saturday and got injured..........then Ryan Parsons took it on Tuesday and guess what happened to him....

Might ask the ref if we can play without a skipper tomorrow!

If you are looking for a pub to have a drink in Poole before the game. Go out of the station go right, the work your way over the level crossing and carry on down towards the harbour. Quite a way down towards the harbour you will see a pub on the right called the Brewhouse. Great real ale pub been in there many a time

Edited by Andrew

If you are looking for a pub to have a drink in Poole before the game. Go out of the station go right, the work your way over the level crossing and carry on down towards the harbour. Quite a way down towards the harbour you will see a pub on the right called the Brewhouse. Great real ale pub been in there many a time

Thanks for that Andrew but the game is at home.

After last weeks commanding game against Weymouth, the complete opposite this week.

Last week Weymouth's defence was all over the place and we had the ability to shoot, today Poole turned up with the most secure back line in the league and we had no idea of how to threaten it with no shots even attempted, other than putting over one over the bar from 3 yards out.

No complaints about the result, Poole got what they deserved and 4 goals did not flatter them, as it could have twice that if they had really tried.

With our league position this type of result will happen, as will wins against teams like Weymouth if the luck is with us.

At least in the second half we came out and gave it a go, but it took too long to realise there was a gaping hole on our right.

Ouch. After the high of the Weymouth game last Saturday we got a bit of a football lesson today from a very good Poole side. No complaints at all and our injury list certainly didn't help.

The only thing I think we should have done differently is given Oscar 10 or 15 minutes at the end when it got to 0-4. Either that or played the players from 1967 that jonblack will no doubt refer to in criticising today's performance. Come on Neil/Jon, surely quality players are worth a try even if they would be pension age these days!

Onwards and upwards, important game next Saturday at Bideford.

Totally outclassed today by a very good Poole side.

Didn't think the belief was there from the start from our players.Too many seemed beaten before they were,in my view. That said,missing calibre midfield players like Jamie McClurg,Ben Edwards and Adrian Sear, it was always going be an uphill battle with the midfield we had today.

Also the experienced Ryan Parsons was greatly missed,so the re-arrangement of our full backs certainly didn't help either. 

No disgrace losing to such a good side as Poole.At the end of the day it is only 3 points dropped and Slough are a Premier team being built,where Poole looked the finished article.

My only misgivings about Slough currently,is that we seem to be believing that we are only a mid-table team and not putting the right amount of effort in,to push on up the table.This has led to some complacency among the players, not helped by the fact that so many players are out injured or carrying knocks,and that our squad in turn is looking threadbare,as proved by our bench today.

Edited by 3spirit

Totally outclassed today by a very good Poole side.

Didn't think the belief was there from the start from our players.Too many seemed beaten before they were,in my view. That said,missing calibre midfield players like Jamie McClurg,Ben Edwards and Adrian Sear, it was always going be an uphill battle with the midfield we had today.

Also the experienced Ryan Parsons was greatly missed,so the re-arrangement of our full backs certainly didn't help either. 

No disgrace losing to such a good side as Poole.At the end of the day it is only 3 points dropped and Slough are a Premier team being built,where Poole looked the finished article.

My only misgivings about Slough currently,is that we seem to be believing that we are only a mid-table team and not putting the right amount of effort in,to push on up the table.This has led to some complacency among the players, not helped by the fact that so many players are out injured or carrying knocks,and that our squad in turn is looking threadbare,as proved by our bench today.

Agree with a lot you say.

We were certainly outclassed by a very good Poole team which must of cost a fortune to put together.

We are certainly threadbare in the central midfield department due to injuries.

I don't believe the players are not trying as I don't believe our managers would stand for it and as quoted,' they are all playing for their places in the squad for next season'.

As I said during 2nd half commentary , I would like to see us using some new players from either leagues below or above, we shouldn't be left so short on the bench .

I think players such as Barrett-Maidenhead, or Romeo Devante-Marlow , or Daniel-Biggleswade should come in to try and find a place for next season. I know our managers have some good contacts .

I'm not knocking current squad but fresh blood, especially from bench, should be considered .

Good luck to Poole, they are spending the money and getting the rewards.

What I will say is they will have to increase their attendances considerably if they want to be a success when and if they manage to get into the Conference and even higher.

Not sure they will, close to Weymouth, a team that really does have the support to climb the divisions.  

Edited by Reading Rebel