Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 18th April Matches

I'm not sure it's as clear cut as saying management decisions. Take guildford for example. They've turned to youth players for the past few months haven't they?

It seems rather than throwing money at trying to stay up. Some clubs have been sensible in a way and looked long term rather than spending in hope to stay up.

I'm sure if Guildford are one of the clubs going down they'll be looking at the next 3-4 years as a plan rather than next 12 months.

Just a thought

I understand the point your making but Guildfords example might be due to a forced hand as they brought in a manager with little/no experience of our league and the only group of players was his former youth players? Lack of contacts in the game or a bigger plan to involve the youth team... im undecided on that

I'm not sure it's as clear cut as saying management decisions. Take guildford for example. They've turned to youth players for the past few months haven't they?

It seems rather than throwing money at trying to stay up. Some clubs have been sensible in a way and looked long term rather than spending in hope to stay up.

I'm sure if Guildford are one of the clubs going down they'll be looking at the next 3-4 years as a plan rather than next 12 months.

Just a thought

Managers have to shoulder the blame mate its why they get sacked for getting relegated,goes with the territory i'm afraid.Saw Guildford last week against Baggy Lea it was men against boys and if they go down they will find it very tough to get back up,whats the point of building for the next 3 or 4 years the way its going who knows where we will end up in fact the league might have been swallowed up by then,this level of footy can only look to next season thats all imho

I understand the point your making but Guildfords example might be due to a forced hand as they brought in a manager with little/no experience of our league and the only group of players was his former youth players? Lack of contacts in the game or a bigger plan to involve the youth team... im undecided on that

I told you all this when he was appointed,there is a huge difference to having a youth policy and being forced to play the youngsters cos you've got no other contacts

I told you all this when he was appointed,there is a huge difference to having a youth policy and being forced to play the youngsters cos you've got no other contacts

Cracking post Duncs

You're quite right about our performance against the Baggies the other night Duncs but in their defence I would add that it was their fifth game in eleven days and, like on the previous Saturday, against Knaphill, they were absolutely drained.

Just to clarify the success or failure of our present manager his League record is played 19, won 8, drawn 3, lost 8. His predecessor's record was played 19, won 4, drawn 1, lost 14. I don't think that is to shabby a performance and if we'd had him and his players from the start of the season, based on those results we'd have been safely in mid table. And we're not down yet! :)

You're quite right about our performance against the Baggies the other night Duncs but in their defence I would add that it was their fifth game in eleven days and, like on the previous Saturday, against Knaphill, they were absolutely drained.

Just to clarify the success or failure of our present manager his League record is played 19, won 8, drawn 3, lost 8. His predecessor's record was played 19, won 4, drawn 1, lost 14. I don't think that is to shabby a performance and if we'd had him and his players from the start of the season, based on those results we'd have been safely in mid table. And we're not down yet! :)

If but maybe,the league never lies Jakey,to be honest I have seen most teams at some stage this season and they all seemed a lot more physically stronger than Guildford,good luck to Guildford i wish them well and hope they survive but i said it before,please don't underestimate this league it is a very good league full of good players as no doubt you have seen for yourselves. 

Thanks for your kind wishes Duncs. I assure you I would never underestimate the strength of this League and the players in it. I've been around it a long time. Long enough to remember you in your pomp. ;)  

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've watched GFC for most of this season from behind the rail and at times have looked on despairingly at the performances from the previous players and management team.

No discipline, lack of respect for each other and the club in general and all round poor attitudes.

GFC made a brave decision in sacking Rayner after he had brought them such success and doing so so late in the season showed guts from the committee.

If Rayner had stayed the club would already be relegated. The fact that they still hold their destiny in their own hands and have a chance of survival is one in the eye for the naysayers who wrote them off earlier in the season.

Donovan Chislett, Phil Bowers and Mark Beach have an excellent pedigree in the game and from what I can see the team has a good mixture of young and experienced heads. Of course things take time to gel but the difference in attitudes on and off the pitch is remarkable from a few months ago. Its a total different club and atmosphere from where they were.

The argument that the manager has no experience of this league is a moot point

Welcome Davis,decent post bar one thing,bit disrespectful though to a Manager,who brought some good years back to Guildford City,that probably cost him a tidy packet,his first name was Kevin in case you were unaware.Chislett,Bowers,Beach have done well,at least your on first name terms with them.