Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay Town v Enfield Town

waggamick1

Joking aside,

I think that there is promise there but most of it is with the old guard. The new players do not appear to be up to Isthmian premier standard.

I thought that Jordan was our best player on the pitch yesterday and he did not deserve to be on the losing side.

Doyle also had a reasonable game.

But we can never hope to win if we start with ten players and go down to nine. Surely Caithlin is not the best striker we have on our books! Those that were thinking that it was time for Liam to go consider what he would have done in the number 10 shirt. He would at least have found space and used it. During the whole game Caithlin never got rid of his marker and most times that marker beat him to the ball.

Hayden-Smith needs to learn it is not how much you run around and put in hard, dangerous tackles it is about calming down, looking around you and seeing the other sides weaknesses and exploiting them. Consider how Corey and to a greater extent Devine play. Corey harrasses his opponent and sails pretty close to the wind sometimes but his tackles are usually tenacious but not clumsy. Devine works with the ball and uses it to defeat his opponents, finds space and time. He does not put himself out trying to recover the ball when it is lost. 

A bit unfair on Caithlin.A young forward playing as lone striker for most of the game,with big experienced defenders determined to take him on physically.He had little support or back up.Badly missed Vilcu and Corey..Not sure many of the new signings are doing enough to secure a regular spot in the team yet..It will come right!.We're not far off despite the poor performance yesterday..Its a long season.We'll finish above Billericay.

Look away now - highlights from a nightmare at New Lodge!!!  I managed to miss the red card but in my opinion it was a bad challenge... defo a red card... two footed and a high dangerous tackle... 

From 1m 37s shows Samir's challenge on Sodje which angered the home fans as they thought it was a penalty... i think they may have been right???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=558DMpTWMhs&feature=youtu.be

Let's not panic just yet.......I heard someone say 'relegation season' yesterday which is a bit silly after three games..

I have complete faith in Brad to turn things around and go on a nice winning run thus climbing the league and then who knows...  

• 7 months later...

Great memory recall there, LS!

This thread just goes to show how brilliantly Brad and the players have done to turn this season around - think we were all feeling pretty much like Steph was at that stage and now look where we are. Still likely that Dulwich or Kingstonian will grab that final play off spot but this league continues to throw up some very strange results - we can only win our games and see where that takes us. You just never know......