Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bank holiday morning

Tel

Ashford for the second game on the trot did not play their best football, but a late time added on goal sneaked another victory.

To be fair Chertsey should have secured a win a few minutes prior to Ashford scoring, last ditch defending managed to clear the ball off the line.

2-1 final score

We appear to be making heavy work over teams we should have the upper hand on.

Are we taking the hand off the gas?

We have a great forward line in Dan and Bits, supported by others (exemplified [sorry but I love that word] by Jack Beadle and Max Webb, and others).

Why are looking up at teams like Hartley Wintley and Hanworth Villa in the league table?

No disrespect to them, but....

Just asking.

Regards,

Channon the wonderhorse.

Not sure we are making hard work of it at all, the important thing we all need to remember is its very early in the season and any Team that peaks to its full potential early in will possibly faulter during the run in at the end of a long tough season. These boys believe in their ability and showed it today. 10 at the back even Real Madrid would struggle to break that down . Be patient and stay positive and the squad use our positivity to their advantage. In poor conditions they bought home the bacon 3 points # Unbeaten says it all really !!!

We are certainly not playing to our full potential. Then again we are unbeaten and we all know there is more to come from the lads. A good place to be.,

Sounds like we managed to overcome mass bus parking, which we failed to achieve away at Spelthorne Sports last season, so lessons are beginning to be learnt.

I admit I'm surprised to see Hanworth Villa where they are considering their fortunate escape from relegation, but Hartley Wintney have Cove's team from last season - it appears they left the club, wary of Cove's decision not to apply for promotion in the spring.

It doesn't matter if it's an easy 8-1 win or a tense 2-1 win, they all count. Nice to see we're in the lead group at the start of another marathon.

A shame the away Hartley Wintney fixture is now midweek. I can remember one midweek trip to Cirencester very foggy when we got their by half time at was abandoned. A very long trip had to be made again

Chertsey were very much in the game and only resorted to some bus parking with 20 minutes or so to go....  Bits and Dan not really on their games and Tommy rightly awarded MOM for looking our most lively player as well as getting some excellent middle of the park tackles in...

Well done super sub Brad who we all thought should have gone down for a penalty when he took the ball past the keeper and seemed to get tapped, but somehow got the shot in from the narrowest of angles and just inside the penalty area :applause: I reckon this would have found the goal maybe 1 in 25 attempts...

We all thought the game was crying out for Samad to come off the bench, but caps off to Ben for an inspired substitution  ;)

Nice to see a decent crowd especially considering the weather and I think the early KO is a good idea on bank holidays (Allowed me to watch England beat The Aussies in the afternoon T20 match  :yay: )

It wasn't Cirencester, it was Cinderford Town, almost on the Welsh border in the Forest of Dean.  The match should never have started but as we had come so far, the referee tried to get it played but it became impossible to carry on.  We did have to go back, of course, but the Southern League  actually switched a couple of fixtures around to allow us, and another club, to avoid further long midweek trips and the re-arranged match was on a Saturday.

The funny thing was that as soon as got out of Cinderford, the fog had disappeared.

There are no long journeys in the CCL to compare with some of the midweek trips we made in the Southern League - Rugby, Kettering, Woodford, Daventry all spring to mind.  Hartley Wintney on a Tuesday would have seemed like a local derby.

My apologies, Cirencester, Cinderford they both start with a "C".

Alan, you mention the midland clubs but many trips out west, Bristol and beyond were made, we did need to get out of that Southern League so a rise to Ryman Premier was a blessing. No more arrivals back at the club beyond midnight and a couple beyond 1 am.

Archived