Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Thamesmead Town

littlehampton

Congratulations to Thamesmead on a well deserved win. Town must be very disappointed with the result and the loss of £3k+ prize money. Where did it all go wrong? Had no one heard of Paul Vine's goal-scoring reputation before today? If you don't tuck away penalties, or make home advantage tell, you get dumped out of the competition.

We are now out of both major cup competitions. We still face short term fixture congestion, as we now focus on our main objective - getting into the RPL play-offs. That will not be easy, but arguably it might help if we helped ourselves by making early exits from the County cup competitions. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Not going to say......told you so, but go back up these posts.

Quote me.expect a tough game.

Vines scores goals against us.

Very poor performance.

No real energy from Town.

Out fought all over the pitch.

Why does Bobby take pens, how many has he scored, how many missed ?

Credit Thamesmead for doing a good job on us.

Poor Towners I am afraid.

Not sure going back for Liam is right, even if he is scoring.

When you look at our squad, there are 23 on the current list, but take out injuries and now suspensions mounting up, what are we left with.

In my opinion, not a strong squad.

We are letting in goals which should be defended - Hichin Chesham Kingstonian Thamesmead to name a few.

We have a small set of players, who basically ( apart from Harry ) get squeezed out of games by big tough defenders as happened yesterday.

Our recent goal attempts on target is very low - 3,or 4, yesterday.

Needs a shake up with at least 3 new players of a different style to those in the current squad.

Not easy, but if we really want to push up the league, action needed.

Other Clubs are bringing in new players, we need to follow before it is too late.

A disgraceful performance and we got what we deserved.

The first 2-3 minutes Thamesmead hardly touched the ball and our quality in midfield showed however our forwards!!!!

Why do they consider that they have to get into the penalty area before they shoot?

Why do they not look up occasionally but consider that they have to cover themselves in glory and score the goals we badly need?

Why was not Ottaway playing from the start? He has the experience, which we badly miss with the departure of Liam Hope, and can marshal the forwards who, whilst I do not deny are skillful they badly lack leadership and experience!

I am afraid that Bradley has to scout out some cover for Devyne and Whiteley who appear to have been found out by most teams and play as enthusiastic head down players. 

Football is a team game and our forwards have to learn they cannot do it all themselves but have to use others around them. Consider where all of your team mates are when you have the ball and do not be afraid to shoot from outside the box.

Congratulations to Thamesmead on a well deserved win. Town must be very disappointed with the result and the loss of £3k+ prize money. Where did it all go wrong? Had no one heard of Paul Vine's goal-scoring reputation before today? If you don't tuck away penalties, or make home advantage tell, you get dumped out of the competition.We are now out of both major cup competitions. We still face short term fixture congestion, as we now focus on our main objective - getting into the RPL play-offs. That will not be easy, but arguably it might help if we helped ourselves by making early exits from the County cup competitions. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Are you saying we should deliberately lose the county cup games to assist us in trying to get to the play offs?

Are you saying we should deliberately lose the county cup games to assist us in trying to get to the play offs?

Fixture congestion is a serious consideration at present, and I believe we have nine scheduled matches to be accommodated in December alone. Much as we would all love to win more silverware, I believe we need to prioritize competitions, in terms of importance to the Club. We are still in 3 cup competitions, and the only one offering financial reward is the Robert Dyas League Cup. In the County cup competitions, I propose we play squad players and youngsters. If we lose it is not a big issue.

Fixture congestion is a serious consideration at present, and I believe we have nine scheduled matches to be accommodated in December alone. Much as we would all love to win more silverware, I believe we need to prioritize competitions, in terms of importance to the Club. We are still in 3 cup competitions, and the only one offering financial reward is the Robert Dyas League Cup. In the County cup competitions, I propose we play squad players and youngsters. If we lose it is not a big issue.

We lost to a lower ranked team yesterday and that was a big issue, and we had a first X1 playing.

I would play Tyler Campbell to left back with Corey working in front of him on the wing? (that would allow Corey to naturally cut inside on his right foot.)) I would play Ottoway and Bobby upfront..With Hayden-Smith on the other flank.Think we need more cover in central defense also ..A big commanding player.Pity the approach for Kirby didn't work.Or that Ellul left before start of season.

Edited by lovely stuff