Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 1st December

The StableEnders should/could get the kids or little shits ;-) to sing with them.

Tom Inch misses his first Oxhey Jets game in some time yesterday as they get thrashed 5 0 at home does that meen he was training with Hanwell Town FC instead? I wonder......

Let's hope Hertford do the right thing and ban those responsible for life.

Hertford should be rightly proud of the excellent support they have had in recent times but it seems they need to act fast to ensure their reputation is not further tarnished by a few idiots who have nothing better to do on a Tuesday night. People like Loucas and Col have worked hard to bring Hertford FC to the forefront of the town and I am sure they will nip this in the bud.

I had no idea there was any anti-Semitic chanting last night and find this disturbing.

I know the parents of many of the lads (average age 15). Individually they are all good kids. One of the Ultras helps me every Saturday morning coaching football to adults with learning disabilities. When together in a crowd, they are showing off doing what most teenagers do.....testing boundaries. I spoke to a group of them today at their school and they assured me the chants were mindless chants they have heard sung at premiership matches against Spurs fans and no religious persecution was intended.......they don't even know of any Jewish connections of the WGC players/fan.

They understand that this is not acceptable. As a matter of urgency I will be discussing this with our committee and we will decide what action to take. For now though I would like to apologise to fans, players, coaches and officials from both sides for this unacceptable behaviour and a direct apology will be made to the chairman of WGC FC.

There will be sanctions but a life ban is not appropriate. The club has a proud record of working with youth offenders as part of the national citizenship service programme where we get them to work hard on pitch and buildings maintenance. They leave us with pride and enhanced self esteem wanting to take on the next challenge rather than being alienated. I joined this club not because I wanted to win trophies but because I want to use the power of football to build a community. That is the ethos from which we will tackle this serious issue.

Edited by LoucasX

Believe you me, WGC are no angels in all this. Players and staff there are what I would call, the classic wind up merchants. Bet they were all straight on tweeter 'telling on' Hertford.

Indeed. One of the main twitter complainants was the same person calling this group of kids "tampons" before the game. If they're treated like kids they'll probably act like kids. And if they're poked, you should expect some sort of bite.

Anyway, with what Loucas has said, I'd like to think a line has been drawn and everyone can move on and get on with football.

Indeed. One of the main twitter complainants was the same person calling this group of kids "tampons" before the game. If they're treated like kids they'll probably act like kids. And if they're poked, you should expect some sort of bite.

Anyway, with what Loucas has said, I'd like to think a line has been drawn and everyone can move on and get on with football.

To clarify, the Twitter person you speak of is NOT a registered member of Welwyn Garden City Football Club (either on the football or the social side) and therefore the club has no control over his comments. Just like a club such as Manchester United cannot be held responsible for every comment made on Social Media by there worldwide followers.

Had he been a member of the club then WGC FC would take the necessary action (as it is the club who would be charged for any comments made by its members and not the individual themselves)

The person is in fact a paying spectator and does not attend every game. Should this person ever be found to be guilty of swearing or being abusive at Herns Lane then like any other spectator he will be removed from the ground by the stewards.

Unfortunately football was not the winner last night.  

Edited by Karen Browne

Apologies Karen, I had not meant to imply that he was. Though looking back, I kind of did.

Just trying to make the point that people on both sides, whether official or un, were stirring each other up long before a ball was even kicked.

It doesn't excuse elements of their behaviour.

But it's not a great example for these kids when a person complaining that they've been abusive, was himself abusing them beforehand.

But as you say, controlling what fans say is impossible. Even in the ground, you can kick them out, but it doesn't take back whatever they may have said.

And also as you say, it's a shame that the focus has been taken off of an entertaining local derby and dominant performance from WGC.

Edited by Catdog Rovers

Lets not over react

As a Garden City Fan I really like going to Hertford. Lovely club and a lovely ground.

I was part of the banter and these were just kids, I really don't think there should be an over reaction.

I don't know why our bench attracts the comments they do, They are vociferous but lets be honest, the ref saw no need to seriously reprimand them whereas the Hertford Manager was banished at half time and made a fool of himself by charging down the stands during the second half for reasons that nobody can quite understand. Their coach / assistant manager was sent off at the end for a quite disgraceful charge at the WGCFC bench after a goal.

But in the end this was a great performance by the team, a team that Adam Fisher has grown after promotion last season. With the off field developments in the pipe line, this are halcyon days for the club.