Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Had to Happen

Jab_n17

I think Bob and the directors etc have been very patient and there's only so many bad performances you can take but there comes a time when excuses wear thin.  I thought TB and SC would be given till after Christmas but enough was enough, performances did not improve and results quite frankly were dismal.....

The amount of  money  that Uncle  Bob  has  wasted  must  run into  thousands, i did here  Steve McKimm wa being appointed a   few  weeks ago if the  results  carried on.

As mentioned in an earlier thread,I cannot find fault in TB. Having looked at his track record with other teams,personally I would have got rid of some of the team,rather than see him and SC go.

In my eyes,they have let him down and cost him  his job. This begs the question whether he was allowed the budget to go and get new players,rather than keep some of last years team.

I feel it will be hard to get a management team that will emulate TB and SC in experience(I hope I'm wrong)

Whoever does take charge will have a hard task on their hands,as I feel that a lot of effort is going to be needed to keep this team from making a swift return to the Ryman.

This also raises the question-If this DID happen,how long would MR.L. stay here?

I was going to post tonight about 'self sabotage syndrome'

events overtaken me-but maybe still relevant.

i was beginning to get concerned that TB was suffering from self sabotage syndrome-where you do things which you know are not right (signing forwards when you know your defence is rubbish ) but do it just the same.

it is a bit different to doing things because you are stubborn ,or because you are 'addicted.

You just do stupid things,and if you have been successful,you get it into your head that you want to try it as you are used to being successful,and in a peverse way-you want to see what faiure is like,as you then think you can either overcome the failure-or have lost that bit of ambition.

its not arrogance -you have a need to challenge yourself by going as low as you can get,and then climbing out of it-the problem being-you either are no longer good enough to climb out of it,or more often can't be bothered to climb out of it-normally what happens as its not so much hard work to stay at the lower level,and you have often burned yourself out getting success in earlier years

It is a real 'syndrome'quite common in business and managers in many forms of life.mainly affects those over 50.

i recognise it as i've been there .

you enjoy the failure experience as a change-but its very selfish as it affects so many others

In the last month i wondered whether TB had also got himself into that mindset

I was going to post tonight about 'self sabotage syndrome'

It is a real 'syndrome'quite common in business and managers in many forms of life.mainly affects those over 50.

i recognise it as i've been there .

I always thought you were loopy...........

The amount of  money  that Uncle  Bob  has  wasted  must  run into  thousands, i did here  Steve McKimm wa being appointed a   few  weeks ago if the  results  carried on.

where you been IS not heard from you for months ?

where you been IS not heard from you for months ?

I was surprised to see him quote as well. He doesn't even make comments on "our - that's 3 of us" forum, and he's in charge of it as well. Hi Ian, good to hear from you.

On the subject, I'm very surprised at the events. Much higher league, would have thought the management would have been happy just to survive in the league for the first season at least.

Thats the problem Bill, we wern't really getting the results so Bob had to do something to hopefully stop us sliding down the table even more. I think in the end even Terry Brown knew he would have to go.

Ian S if you are right, not a bad shout!

Good luck to Terry and Stuart though, really down to earth blokes who always had time to chat before and after a game.

Archived