Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

(A) Poole Town 19th Dec

Glover

I'm really looking forward to this game because its one of the better teams we play and I know we have had an awful run of injuries but I also know Neil and Jon will always put out the most competitive side they possibly can.

The travelling fans will definitely be the 12th man tomorrow and help the team really give it a go at The Tatnam ground.

Come on Rebels!!!!

I'm really looking forward to this game because its one of the better teams we play and I know we have had an awful run of injuries but I also know Neil and Jon will always put out the most competitive side they possibly can.

The travelling fans will definitely be the 12th man tomorrow and help the team really give it a go at The Tatnam ground.

Come on Rebels!!!!

Not 'one of the better teams we play'

They are the best team we've played this season and currently leading the division by 12 points.

With a patched up team this is one tough game.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Not 'one of the better teams we play'

They are the best team we've played this season and currently leading the division by 12 points.

Get a grip RR they are one of the better teams nothing else. They haven't won anything yet and as we all know, totally imploded last season with 90% the same squad. They were well ahead at the top as well.

I will agree that its going to be a hell of a job with a patched up squad against one of the better teams.

Prolific Poole striker Richard Gillespie 56 games 32 goals  out since early September has been passed fit for this game. Hopefully their management may not play him since the pitch will be very heavy  Its been raining across Somerset/Dorset since early morning  Rain and mud is often a great leveller and I think the result is by no means certain.

Zippee-de-dah, zipper-de-day !   We've only gone and held Poole for highly commendable draw.

Did we start with a 4-5-1? Anyone know? 

Sounds like we were under the cosh in the first half but weathered the storm.

Well done all involved. Excellent result especially with all the problems we've had this week !

Perhaps Bakes and Unders deserve a bonus this week ! :D

Thats a point most people didnt expect  excellent performance  To put it in perspective in their last eight home games Poole had conceded just 3 goals. Because of where I live now  the west country games are my local ones  Poole Dorchester Weymouth Frome etc  I was at Weymouth and wished I wasnt  Prior family arrangements meant I couldnt go today and so wish I had  Incidently "super" Weymouth scraped a 1-1 draw this afternoon against a lower mid table team.

It shows I know nothing about football.

First half they were better than us and we let in an obligatory soft goal. But to be fair I wasn't unhappy with the way we had played especially as we had new guys and player playing out of position.

Second half we started well but I remember thinking we need 2 up front not just Charlie.

We played well and took our chances on a very poor pitch.

Well done to all the players and management.

Could have nabbed it at the end with Charlie then Sean in extra time.

Motm Charlie with Sean a close second.

Zippee-de-dah, zipper-de-day !   We've only gone and held Poole for highly commendable draw.

Did we start with a 4-5-1? Anyone know? 

Sounds like we were under the cosh in the first half but weathered the storm.

Well done all involved. Excellent result especially with all the problems we've had this week !

Perhaps Bakes and Unders deserve a bonus this week ! :D

Sounds like we started 4-5-1 and then reverted to 4-4-2 after Searsy went off.

It shows I know nothing about football.

First half they were better than us and we let in an obligatory soft goal. But to be fair I wasn't unhappy with the way we had played especially as we had new guys and player playing out of position.

Second half we started well but I remember thinking we need 2 up front not just Charlie.

We played well and took our chances on a very poor pitch.

Well done to all the players and management.

Could have nabbed it at the end with Charlie then Sean in extra time.

Motm Charlie with Sean a close second.

Interesting choice with someone else giving MOTM to Nathan Fox with Hallahan a close second for scoring two goals on his debut.

When Searsy went off early in the first half didn't we revert to 4-4-2 when Hallahan came on?

What an excellent result against a team not conceding many goals and currently running away with the league.

Sounded like an exciting end to end game, equalising three times and nearly snatching all three points at the end.

Well done to all concerned especially George Hallahan for scoring 2 goals on his debut.

Special mention and appreciation to Bakes and Unders for all the hard work they've put in recently getting players in at the last minute to cover for our injured players.

COYR!!

You have to wonder why George Hallahan didnt make bottom of the table Basingstokes team  and well done to him  He has  recently been playing Wessex League football for Tadley Calleva

Perfect debut from George with a brace of goals against the league leaders.

It will be interesting to read the reports on George Hallahan's debut performance from supporters who were at the game today. 

I look forward to seeing him play, if selected, against Chesham on Boxing day.