Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC ATTENDENCIES

meridian

Looking at the ATTENDENCES for ETFC compared to last season they appear to be quite a bit lower. Can anyone explain why? Was it a novelty thing? Do you think that the missing 70-100 (or however many it is) will return when/if promoted?

Im not knocking it as it is GREAT for a team in the ESL team to consistantly attract 200+ which some RYMAN PREMIERE clubs fail to do.

Thta's interesting, and I hadn't spotted it. While the novelty thing may well have had an effect I would have expected it to kick in during our second season. Maybe winning the league kept the crowds up, but this season we are well in contention again, and as the league is much tighter I would have thought that might keep the numbers up.

It's is true that our home form is not good this year, but then again we have the attraction of the new stands, fencing and so on.

Dunno!

AND I think you are MORE resiliant this season, BETTER facilities as you rightly say. In CONTENTION for the league AGAIN.

Could it be that maybe the fans that have GONE were used to watching a higher standard and were willing to support at first (which is the novelty season), then in the second season supported the team to a league title and thus wanted to see some progress i.e PROMOTION and it has not happened so they gradually lost interest?

Or the fact that many of the old ENFIELD players that played when first founded are no longer playing?

As I said not a dig at ETFC just an observation.

Yes, I think that may well be it. Had we been promoted, our attendances would surely have gone up, but as you say, the floating voters (so to speak) have lost a bit of interest and drifted away.

However if - and I accept that it is a big if, tere are 3 or 4 teams that could win the league this year - we go up this time round, I believe crowds will rise quite dramatically next year.

If we don't, then frankly I can see attendances gradually dwindling.

So we'd better win the bloody thing!

That is sort of what I was getting at in a roundabout way. It is vital that ETFC gain PROMOTION sooner rather than LATER to maintain their EXCELLENT level of support. If not the attendence will then maybe continue to drop. Obviously you have your core and they will ALWAYS be at 90% of games. But the less people the less chance of attracting more people as everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon.

A GOOD VASE run will surely help so GOOD LUCK in that, but you need to be promoted!

Come to the rescue Mr Stats!!!

I have just added up last year's first 11 home games and compared them to this year.

This year's home attendances are higher than last year's.

Do we need to go on with this thread?

How many Ryman teams would be proud of over 3000 attendances in 11 home games?

I think we have done really well this year in terms of attendances.

All home games bar one have been out in the open(no cover). There were two games at the beginning of the season when we don't normally play at home until at least half way through September(remember the cricket).

Now we do have covered accommodation, things should get even better.

Here's looking towards Saturday and hopefully another big gate. Come on down and get behind Jim and the team. Forget the Christmas shopping, you should have already done it!

Say to your wife/partner/friend, that you are taking the youngsters out to the park. Don't tell them which one but bring them to the game!

Quote:
meridian said:
Looking at the ATTENDENCES for ETFC compared to last season they appear to be quite a bit lower. Can anyone explain why? Was it a novelty thing? Do you think that the missing 70-100 (or however many it is) will return when/if promoted?

Im not knocking it as it is GREAT for a team in the ESL team to consistantly attract 200+ which some RYMAN PREMIERE clubs fail to do.

All our biggest gates have been against non-ESL teams. The fans may be bored with the ESL but bring a new team or a particular one of interest and the (not so regulars) attend in a good number. It is something we should look at in our Marketing Strategy and understand a bit more. MIMM has a point in that it could be a real problem if we are still in this league next year!

right

average LEAGUE attendences

2001-02 home 310 away 198

(includes 516 v Leyton)

2002-03 home 253 away 218

(includes 450 v Ilford)

2003-04 home 258 away 177

(and we have not played Abbey yet at home which should be a bigger gate)

Our home gates are actually higher this year than last and show that support in this league has stabilised. Obviously though I Agree that we need to move on as soon as possible.

How about comparing size of adults coming through the gates to last year?

All in all, attendances are up irrespective of who we have had to play.

We all know that should we move on in the pyramid, then we will need to attract more supporters. The new stands should help, unless they get messy!