Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
jc

Latest Margate news

The Conference have imposed a deadline of 31st May 2004 for Margate to complete their new ground, according to confguide.

Considering that they haven't even started work on it yet, this is bound to set off some panicking.

So it looks possible there could be just one relegated at the end of the season. Three out of the top four in the Unibond not applying, plus Harrogates' ground nowhere near up to Conference standard. Plus Margate.

One of the icons next to it invites you to 'buy a brick'.

I suppose the Wallis Park equivalent would be to 'lob a brick'? lol

Another icon for 'Save Our Stadium' - S.O.S also seems appropriate.

The way things look - Margate are doomed?

Hahaha!!! Just think of the look on Che's face!! A 'step up', was it? You silly useless, (soon to be in football terms) homeless, boy! The best way to prove this fool wrong is to beat the 'Git on the 27th and New Years' Day!

Thans guys.We need all the help and support we can get in getting this crooked council to support us.Really good to hear your comments. . not! Wound me up anyway.Mission accomplished men!

Don't judge us all with the moron's who wish you to loose your club.Their are many many Fleet fan's who wish you well,and hope thing's work out well for you at Margate.Inter club banter is all part of the game,but when a club may go out of existance it ain't funny to read some of the adverse comment's on this site.

Best Wishes from all genuine Fleet Fans to you at Margate and we hope you have better news in 2004.

Well said Roy. I keep promising myself I won't write on the Forum too much, but I agree with you absolutely. I cannot read into the minds of those who are hoping to see Margate go down. I am sure that any true supporter of football can only feel for those supporters who have to be in the wings, unable to do anything to resolve such a situation as they find themselves in now. I am one of the genuine Fleet Fans and I do hope you have better news in 2004.

I don't want Margate to do well(ie promotion or higher than us!!),but i certainly don't want to see them go bust or get relegated,rivalry is good,and long may it continue!

Quote:
Fleet boy said:
If the git are relegated there won't be the derby matches!!

That's true we will have to travel all the way to Dagenham!