Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Asda, Gravesend!! Total, utter NIGHTMARE!!!! Don't go there,....JUST DON'T!! Major stress-out, No.1....hoardes of psychopathic women, 20 kids hanging off the trollies, either hurtling through the aisles hell bent on destroying all in their path or stopping in the narrowest possible place to have a chat with Doreen and her smelly, spotty brood from number 24, causing total gridlock and mayhem........Christmas....poke it!!!!!

We did our xmas food-shopping in Asda's last sunday (just over a week ago) & a few other items on the home from nights last week.

Asda's was a lot quieter at 6am!

A seasoned shopper like yourself should know by now what the supermarkets are like Christmas week!

Working 2pm to 10pm tonight and tomorrow - maybe a last pick-up of extra fresh fruit etc tonight or tomorrow - after that night after night of alcohol - I'm off until January 7th!!!!!

(Shop over the road from home - 24 x 440ml Labatts @ £9.99 - bargain - who needs the supermarkets?)

Quote:
John@TheFleet said:
Asda, Gravesend!! Total, utter NIGHTMARE!!!! Don't go there,....JUST DON'T!! Major stress-out, No.1....hoardes of psychopathic women, 20 kids hanging off the trollies,

Oh but for the wonders of online shopping . . . crack open a beer, chill in front of the TV and wait for Tesco to arrive with your Christmas Turkey and mince pies. Ho, ho, ho!

I did all my xmas shopping online. utter bliss. Went to BluWater yesterday and sat and relaxed in the coffee shop while those around me ran around like headless chickens

As for Asda, do what I do when I have to go there. Do it after about 10 pm, no worries

My pet hate shopping wise is Argos! That place needs blowing up! They never have what you want in stock, take forever to give it too you, I hate the place ;(

Did all the Argos shopping in October, when they were giving away £15 of gift vouchers for every £150 spent.

With Christmas & a few other items I decided to purchase, I gained over £100 in gift vouchers from them!

Worked for Argos over a decade ago - nothing has changed, despite all the new technology installed in their stores. In fact, it's even worse now - that stupid computer voice announces your order number eventually..... when you get to the counter, your goods still aren't there!

Quote:
JimGNFC said:
Oh but for the wonders of online shopping . . . crack open a beer, chill in front of the TV and wait for Tesco to arrive with your Christmas Turkey and mince pies. Ho, ho, ho!

The problems with on-line supermarket shopping:

1) They don't have ALL their products available to order on-line (well Asda don't!)

2) If they are out of stock of one of your items, you get a substitute item.

Despite the fact that on-line shopping is less stressful, the fact you normally get to choose a 2 hour delivery slot - you can't beat shopping in person - you get the products you want!

(Just avoid daytime shopping Christmas week!)

Comet - one hour to buy a phone.

Attract attention of dozy assistant: 15 minutes. Tell them to bugger off four times that, no, I don't need insurance of £60 on a £50 phone: 10 minutes. Give my address, inside leg measurement, mother's maiden name, etc etc etc: 10 minutes. Walk to till and await processing of receipt by some surly girl: 15 minutes. Get forgotten about as some sixth former throws your item about in the warehouse: 20 minutes.

And it's £10 cheaper online. Die Comet, you dinosaur, die...

Yet the Comet superstore in Crayford is superb!

Mission: buy £199.99 panasonic stereo with 150w speakers that plays mp3 discs.

Went by train before work - arrived Crayford station 1.15pm.

Down to superstore - told them what I wanted, no insurance, paying cash & 'out of here in 10 minutes or sale is off'.

Result? Back at station with stereo at 1.35 pm!