Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Leatherhead

DerekR

I feel the manager needs a decent run of results until the end of the season.Plus the semblance of a settled side beginning to emerge and some momentum to take us into next season.

If there is no improvement of what we have been seeing for the last few months,then his position could be in jeopardy come the end of the season.

I've been following Enfield from near and far since the early 80s, since I discovered one of my PE teachers at secondary school (Bishop Stopford) was a centre half, for those of you with long memories, it was Dave Waite. After bouncing around watching various non clubs in the area, I decided that this season I would focus on watching Enfield. Now I've read a lot on this forum this season, with quotes from 'reliable sources' and 'it's my understanding' etc and whilst I agree that some of the performances haven't been good, I've found that some of the criticism being levelled at the manager has been way over the top. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and whilst I respect yours, as a payer at the turnstiles, I also have mine. My opinion is that the manager has done a job this season and he has got something to build on for next season. The man needs time and it takes time to build, if you want quick success, support Man City. Can't remember who put the comment on that he was out of his depth, but what a stupid comment that was. How can you say that about a manager who has managed this level for over 20 years, I'd also be interested in your experience at managing this level for you to back up that comment. I don't know what the budget is, but I'm afraid that the bigger the budget the better the players you can get, he doesn't have unlimited resources, that's football today. Some posters have been negative about him from the start and are quick to post after a defeat even if they haven't seen the game, also backed up by very few comments after the creditable draw recently at Dulwich. To those of you who say he is unapproachable, have you actually tried to have a conversation with the man? Well I have, I've spoken to him 3 or 4 times after a game in the bar, does he not say in his programme notes you can do that, but if your going to be half pissed and start slagging him off how do you thing he's going to react to you. I approached him and started a conversation about the game and got talking about football in general, and despite him being a Stoke City fan, his knowledge and passion was so evident. He wants to do well and will try his very best, the start of the season was the revolution now is the time for evolution, but like all things that takes time and in my opinion he will get it right. Sorry for the long first post, I don't particularly like posting on forums and in future I will try to contribute where I can.