Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch 3 Bracknell Town 2

MikeMike

Well that went alright didn't it?

Did anyone foresee Ronnie Winn at left back? I suppose I should have guessed having seen him play there before but I had anticipated George Winn at LB with Jordan Clark at centre half.

I feared the worse when Bracknell took the lead but the response was magnificent and just wave after wave of attack until the equaliser. How on Earth did Alex hang that high for so long before heading home?

Given recent games I was holding my breath either side of half time but all good this time. Terrific goal from Charlie Stimson to take the lead with the near post header from the corner and then another dubious penalty decision against us.

Only four minutes though before George Purcell did what George Purcell does shooting across the keeper inside the far post.

With Enfield Town staging a late recovery and then winning on penalties Saturday becomes a dress rehearsal for the final at Aveley FC

• 3 weeks later...

Archived