Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is tomorrow the day?

CD Towner

I’ve been nervously waiting for Saturdays game all week. Defeat would leave us likely 8 points outside the play offs with 5 games remaining. That would be a significant uphill task to reach the top 5. 

If that is to be the case, surely the management would be under severe pressure? As supporters we know were unhappy with the current league position given the players and squad available. Whilst performances have been incredibly inconsistent I do feel we have the makings of an excellent squad but having attended 75% of matches this season, I’m convinced our management are lacking when it comes to tactics, formations, substitutions and setting the team up. 

Fingers crossed we get the 3 points and the dream lives on for another week but would others agree that defeat would leave the writing on the wall or would you just see it as time for AL & MN to plan for next season under the same regime? 

As i put before... last season the manager played Thomas and Hope right to the end even tho the last seven games were dead rubbers and we had youngsters desperate for game time and neither were going to play a significant part this season ... i see no planning for the future whatsoever in the signings ... allowing Adams to go in my opinion was a disgrace... he has fired Ware to the brink of the playoffs with a goal a game..... i can never see a real structure to our game or a continuity with this management team.....,

I believe the the previous three posts sum up the general feelings of the supporters. I cannot say I am surprised because my views on AL's management and what to expect were aired at the outset of his appointment. However I believe this season he has got together enough talented players with the ability, if directed properly, to have been in a much stronger position by now. But we have never seen any plan which plays to their strengths.

For my part it will be interesting to see whether AL puts out the same side as last week or if he has the courage to play an all out attacking formation. This would mean a change in formation with Greene as an extra attacker and Porter and Mulley in defence/midfield.  Rumens and Blackman should be on the bench with another.

If it's the same as last week then he and the coaches are going for damage limitation once again and hoping for a draw. 

As a lifelong supporter I still accept a win, by any means, is a win. We can only wait for to days final whistle .

Archived