Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Peterborough By-Election


Recommended Posts

What do we think of the result last night folks, I was quite surprised that Labour were voted back in albeit very narrowly, the BREXIT party can count themselves unlucky at not having secured their first Parliamentary seat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 16:30, Rhodes said:

What do we think of the result last night folks, I was quite surprised that Labour were voted back in albeit very narrowly, the BREXIT party can count themselves unlucky at not having secured their first Parliamentary seat

Yes Labour were very lucky considering the state of them theses days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/06/2019 at 08:26, cup of tea said:

Lesser of two evils

Why do you say that, the party was only founded in January of this year and then, incredibly, won the European Parliament election in the UK just four months later with an amazing 31% of the votes before coming so close to winning in Peterborough earlier this month, I wonder what could possibly be next up Nigel Farage's sleeve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And on the Tory leadership front, I see we are now down to 6 contenders from 10.  Anyone fancy a punt ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Big J R said:

And on the Tory leadership front, I see we are now down to 6 contenders from 10.  Anyone fancy a punt ?

I don't really follow politics to be honest and these days I follow it even less. Ive been hearing Boris Johnsons name mentioned a lot over the last few days so I'm guessing that he might be the front runner for the job in the race for the hot seat.

Edited by Savagebee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/06/2019 at 22:18, Savagebee said:

I don't really follow politics to be honest and these days I follow it even less. Ive been hearing Boris Johnsons name mentioned a lot over the last few days so I'm guessing that he might be the front runner for the job in the race for the hot seat.

 

I tend to agree.  A good thing or a bad thing ?  I can't make my mind up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Big J R said:

 

I tend to agree.  A good thing or a bad thing ?  I can't make my mind up.

A good thing i think.

I have little faith in politics if im honest. They all seem as bad as each other in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched SOME of last nights Channel 4 debate, (Minus Boris, of course).

 

What a lack-lustre bunch.

 

It's gotta be Boris.  Next round of voting tomorrow, (Tuesday).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, cup of tea said:

Looking like Boris 

Don't be so sure, a lot of people like the look of the down to earth Rory Stewart and what you see is what you get

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched last nights BBC debate and wasn't impressed by any of 'em, including Boris.

 

To be totally honest, I thought Rory Stewart came out of it the worst.  He reminds me of a vents dummy !!  Sorry Rory

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Big J R said:

 

To be totally honest, I thought Rory Stewart came out of it the worst

Not at all, how is it that his popularity has soared through the roof recently then

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, cup of tea said:

We know why Boris kept his distance now - he’s not got a real plan 

Just like Baldrick  'A Cunning Plan' !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So it's Boris or Hunt.  To be decided by the party.

 

Lay your bets, Ladies and gentleman !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, cup of tea said:

That suggests a no-deal Brexit.

 

Cup of Tea - C'est la vie, lets just wait and see what happens, that may not actually be the end of the World as everyone seems to think

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:10, Big J R said:

So it's Boris or Hunt.  To be decided by the party.

 

Lay your bets, Ladies and gentleman !!

I think Hunt might get the nod to move into number 10 but I would rather see Boris move into the place.

Politics is about what they want not what we want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 Conservative MPs have stated they will vote against the government in a vote of no confidence if a no-deal Brexit is attempted. I can't see the EU negotiating on the deal and that leaves a general election as the only remaining option. It's going to be a mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can imagine the 'smear campaign' gathering force before the final election.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, cup of tea said:

It’s all a mess - I just want Brexit to end now. The uncertainty is costing my company 

 

 

I couldn't agree more, Cuppa !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...