Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Time for the real stuff

Theodopolous

Only seen the FCUM game, which I was impressed with.

After the initial exit of players quickly, our fears were not realised with the rest of the squad remaining and good replacements have been secured. Talk of an "improved dressing room" is good to hear, along with the intention to improve our style of play.

Bantick looks a great signing to me, and Billy looks on fire vs last close season when he first joined.

Concerns - 1 defence still - would like to see a Harold Joseph/Vilcu type character alongside Wethers (how did HJ play against us?). Lack of cover for injuries there?

2. Looking at team line ups we don't feel to have played a settled  11 yet, with a number of trialists still playing last weekend.

Betvictor have us at 16-1 for the title, and position us the same as Worthing and Cheshunt (!), finishing 10-12th. 

I believe this team can achieve play offs and anything less would be a disappointment - there are no "Billericays" again this season so feeling cautiously optimistic..

Did the club state its target for the season at the meeting?

Prediction tomorrow:   1-1 (Bricknell)

Predicted line up (based on minimal viewing!)

McDonald, Muleba, Weatherstone, Rumens, Payne, Taaffe, Youngs, Thomas, Bantick, Bricknell, Charles.

Depending on fitness of Blackman I think you could have that line up spot on RG....  not sure I’d be taking the 16/1 after getting 50/1 last season.... really liked Joseph when he was with us and looked solid again last week... I’m going to stick with my pessimistic outlook with a 2-0 Lewes prediction but hopefully will be miles out as making the trip down there...,

1 hour ago, Raingod said:

Predicted line up (based on minimal viewing!)

McDonald, Muleba, Weatherstone, Rumens, Payne, Taaffe, Youngs, Thomas, Bantick, Bricknell, Charles.

Pretty close to my choice Mr God. Bantick is suspended however,  so Potton comes in on the left in my book.

Archived