Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bad day at the office

Mike christou

I don’t think we played as well as we can but we were better much better that brightingsea. Their goalie pulled off 3-4 great saves and they just got lucky I was I bit  disappointed  in the ref especially watch there centre half lead with his elbow on 2 occasions one of them splitting joes head open  but we go again sat and is it today we find out who were facing in the  facup 

Agree, it was a bad day at the office.

Our midfield seemed abit sluggish losing the second ball more often then not with no real outlet when we did have the ball which is something unusual as we've been really solid in this area of late with runners and options all over the pitch. Can only put it down to the conditions/fatigue, special mention to their keeper who played a blinder. Anyway let's move on from this blip and make amends Saturday. 

A very frustrating game. I don’t think I was the only one who was disappointed about the changes to starting 11, but I understand that the squad needs to be rotated and the players that came in still had enough quality to win the game.

Unfortunately we just didn’t take our chances when it mattered the most, and on another day we would have come away winners. They had one ‘shot’ on target and it went in. Their only outstanding player I thought was their goalkeeper, some great saves and a decent kick on him to put the ball back in our half.

The passing wasn’t really going well for us, a few stray balls and bad first touches didn’t allow for some of the decent build up play we’ve seen over the past couple of weeks. It was just one of those games that didn’t go for us and you get one or two like that throughout the season.

I look forward to a Saturday home game where I believe we will be back to our best and have a good opportunity to put another 3 points on the board.

Agree with all the comments here.
But would add that on several occasions when the passes did come together it was a knife through hot butter, men against boys stuff.
Having read on Saturday that Mark would be rotating the squad I expected more changes than there were.
I understand the argument about not winning a changing side but with the larger squad at the moment I think you need to make sure everyone has played together enough so any forced changes are too disruptive.
Hoping WinFin aren't too boosted after their against form win against Haringey.

I realise it was a very hot day, but because of this we should have gone for gold early with our two best strikers and rested them later if need be. The chances were there but the finishing was poor. Their goalie was good but if we had converted a couple of the four or five chances we had we would have come away the winners. 

I didnt make yesterdays game but from what I have read in the match report the lads had lots of chances to score but it just wasnt to be.

It's been a good start to the season 10 points from 5 games is not a bad result at all and all the squad have been playing some really good football.  We still have some injured players to come back into the side too so everything looks promising so far.

I hope Joe Christou is ok after his head injury too.

Archived