Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Coronavirus

Hard to believe just 10 days ago I was driving back from Bishop’s Stortford with son no. 2, thinking we still had an outside chance of a play-off place. Now the UK (and most of the rest of the world) are effectively on shutdown for an undetermined period and I’m stuck in Saudi for god knows how long. Difficult to get your head around, to be frank, and I’m sure most forum readers are as bemused as I am.

Probably not of much use but after 6 days of working from “home” in self-isolation, these are some tips that worked (so far) for me:

1) don’t have Sky News on in the background. It’s disheartening.

2) keep your mobile or laptop charged. FaceTime /Skype are life-savers.

3) Pray to the WiFi gods for unbroken service

4) take anything you read on WhatsApp or Facebook with a VERY large pinch of salt (having said that, the Simon Pegg / Nick Frost parody doing the rounds on social media is a cracker!)

Can’t help but wonder what the 4 deleted posts said ?

Stay safe everybody and look after each other!

PS: separate thread but don’t care - good statement from the Chairman. Hope to see an update in a couple of weeks’ time.

These are going to be very tough times for clubs at our level and at an even higher level, but despite what Bill Shankly said peoples health is more important. All i can say is i look forward to renewing our friendly rivalry in the future, stay safe everyone.

On 18/03/2020 at 11:50, Theodopolous said:

Over reacting Benj isn’t the word... it’s just the human race going mad.... we know who’s at risk we have been told that the symptoms are mild for %90 of us so why on earth can’t we protect the vulnerable ( it’s absolutely clear who they are ) and the rest get on with living a careful and responsible life.... we are putting our whole country and people’s mental health at risk for a illness that is little worse than the flu.... just concentrate all our efforts on keeping the old and vulnerable safe....

Is it still a over reaction? Guess the government didn’t ask you first