Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Coronavirus

14 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

This could be a disaster for many clubs like us if we are forced to play behind closed doors.... this could be as early as Saturday.... have the club heard anything 

Despite my flippancy at the Lewes game the other week about following government guidelines and avoiding large crowds (!) I've been thinking about this too.

Not sure it will apply to us or many other non-league games as the crowds rarely get near what the government and other bodies deem 'a large gathering' which seems to be in excess of 500. 

I assume that as we are owner / supporters will continue to pay the monthly fee to be a member or not expect a refund of season ticket cost, this will go so way in mitigating the financial impact. 

Again sport takes takes a hit due to the lunatics that now run the asylum .... this weekend thousands will crowd into pubs and clubs around the country standing inches away from each other and that is fine.... so that is that ...postponing two games is absolutely pointless... are things going to be ok next weekend ... of course not they will be worse ... it’s so easy doing pointless things in order to be seen to be doing something but not so easy to reverse it... to me that is the season over....

This is a very poor decision by the Isthmian league I.M.O. It flies in the face of national medical advice and fails to take account of the relative risks. As an 'at risk' individual I was quite happy to attend todays match in the open air ,with minimal close contact with others and following hygiene advice. As of yesterday there was only one confirmed case in Enfield. The risks will increase greatly in the coming weeks, therefore the season has been killed off prematurely. Not helpful to communities, sport , clubs and individuals well being. 

Completely agree 55 Seasons. Looks like our wonderful summer of sport will be destroyed too...

Interesting that the National Leagues are continuing - was actually thinking of going to Boreham Wood today but they've called their game off on the basis that they share their ground with Arsenal U23s.

Life seems to have been put on hold - I don't think this is likely to be for a short period and many will struggle as a result.

18 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

Again sport takes takes a hit due to the lunatics that now run the asylum .... this weekend thousands will crowd into pubs and clubs around the country standing inches away from each other and that is fine.... so that is that ...postponing two games is absolutely pointless... are things going to be ok next weekend ... of course not they will be worse ... it’s so easy doing pointless things in order to be seen to be doing something but not so easy to reverse it... to me that is the season over....

ok Theo what would you do then ??carry on as if nothing was happening or TRY to contain it

who knows who has it, it could be me , you , the guy next to you ,one cough and there could be two more cases

absolute nonsense .... clueless people going against some of the finest brains in the health and scientific profession in the world... if I was worried I wouldn’t go.... as I said it’s ok to go to the pub and stand inches away from strangers but we can’t get 300 in a massive athletics stadium standing a yard away from anyone... are we going to stop the tube and busses and trains and close pubs...no cause not....

Confirmed Cases               Recoveries                     Reported  Deaths

148,934                                 72,642                             5,594

tell you what Theo id rather be in with the 72.642 than  with 5.594

20 minutes ago, Theodopolous said:

absolute nonsense .... clueless people going against some of the finest brains in the health and scientific profession in the world... if I was worried I wouldn’t go.... as I said it’s ok to go to the pub and stand inches away from strangers but we can’t get 300 in a massive athletics stadium standing a yard away from anyone... are we going to stop the tube and busses and trains and close pubs...no cause not....

So what would YOU do

Doing something just for show is pointless... health officials stated that taking  the type of measures like the isthmian league have taken will have negligible results....if we ban pubs clubs tubes trains buses and shops then I can understand football following suit but to ban something that has next to no effect is nonsense.... funny that some National league games with 2000+ Crowds are going ahead.... 

I understand that circumstances change RK but when the governments chief medical adviser states that there is no need to ban games at this time and doing so would have a next to zero effect on containing the virus I find it amazing that the chairman of the isthmian league (probably someone with zero medical experience) decides to ignore expert advice and play Russian roulette with peoples businesses and livelihoods for what has been said little or no impact... 

had to laugh when a friend of mine instead of going football took his wife up London... first on a train then a packed tube went shopping on oxford street had lunch in a packed Mac Donald’s then did the same journey home and that is considered a much safer option than watching a game of football... as I said it’s an absolute nonsense...

The worry is with the volunteers who actually do things around the ground coming into contact with people before and after the game plus clearing up and the players and other playing staff who come into direct contact with others while thinking about having to continue to go to work in the coming weeks and not necessarily those who turn up to watch the game shortly before kick off and sprint out at the final whistle leaving everything to others. 

And take from that what you want.

12 hours ago, 55 seasons said:

. As of yesterday there was only one confirmed case in Enfield. The risks will increase greatly in the coming weeks, therefore the season has been killed off prematurely. Not helpful to communities,

as of 9.00am 14/3/2020 5 cases increase in days