Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Petition - Completion of Leagues at Non League Level

2 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - How long have you got, it was 'criminal' what Wealdstone did to Ruislip Manor and now they get a letter from Prime Minister Boris Johnson congratulating them on getting promotion to Step 1, if only Boris knew what the Club did back in 2008 he would never have penned that letter, this is the programme from their last game at Grosvenor Vale:

Image may contain: text that says "RUISLIP MANOR F.C. MOLTEN SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS FOOTBALL LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION Ruislip Manor Versus Hanwell Town SSML Premier Division Saturday 26th April 2008 K.O. 3.00 pm Match Sponsor Martin Bartley Match Ball Sponsor :Keith Peters"

Ruislip Manor FC were a good little club with a good ground it was sad to see them fold.

Any inside details Rhodes?

Savagebee - Well like I said how long have you got, I had better find out the data storage capacity of the Forum before I start. I would have thought you might have attended the game yourself on 26 April 2008, were you not following Hanwell Town back then:

No photo description available.

10 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Well like I said how long have you got, I had better find out the data storage capacity of the Forum before I start. I would have thought you might have attended the game yourself on 26 April 2008, were you not following Hanwell Town back then:

No photo description available.

No before my time at Hanwell Town FC.

I see a future Hanwell Town captain Michael Buckley ( Now the Brentham FC Manager) was in the Ruslip Town line up that day alongside Neil Shipperleys younger brother James Shipperley a giant of a defender he was.

For me it looked like Wealdstone FC took advantage of Ruslip Manor FCs financial problems that they were in at the time but as I said in a earlier post I don't know all the facts?.

The Football Association's Chief Executive Mark Bullingham has made a statement on the current state of their financies and sadly redundancies are planned as well as a reduction in prize money for the FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase, in addition development grants and other funding will be reduced. The non-profit organisation are anticipating losses of £300 million due to the Coronavirus:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jun/29/fa-ceo-update-on-covid-19-impact-290620

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 18:18, Rhodes said:

Barrow Manager Ian Evatt has unsurprisingly made a statement following the recent meeting of League Two Club's and he is still hopeful of returning to the Football League since the Club were unceremoniously voted out in 1972 when Hereford United replaced them:

Billede

Only last month Barrow supremo Ian Evitt made such a song and dance about Barrow's situation and now he is jumping ship at Holker Street to go to Bolton Wanderers just when Barrow have finally returned to the Football League after 48 years. It's a funny old game isn't it especially as the two teams will meet in League Two next season due to Bolton's relegation so why not stay in Cumbria to carry on his great work over the last two years and proudly lead the Club back into the Football League, I also wonder how long he will last at Bolton Wanderers due to their current plight:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53241393

6SPtSKRx?format=jpg&name=small

Not Non League but I see that Wigan Athletic have gone into administration, that's terribly sad isn't it after all the work David Whelan did for the Club and the vast amount of money he poured in:

Billede

11 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Only last month Barrow supremo Ian Evitt made such a song and dance about Barrow's situation and now he is jumping ship at Holker Street to go to Bolton Wanderers just when Barrow have finally returned to the Football League after 48 years. It's a funny old game isn't it especially as the two teams will meet in League Two next season due to Bolton's relegation so why not stay in Cumbria to carry on his great work over the last two years and proudly lead the Club back into the Football League, I also wonder how long he will last at Bolton Wanderers due to their current plight:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53241393

Yes, confirmation that Ian Evitt is Bolton Wanderers new Manager, you couldn't make it up could you:

Billede

SPFL confirm League One start date as clubs vote for reduced campaign

League One clubs have voted to mirror the Championship and play a reduced 27-game season starting on October 17.

SPFL chiefs confirmed the third tier - which is set to include Partick Thistle and Cove Rangers - will come out of the coronavirus lockdown two-and-a-half months after the Premiership and clubs will play each other only three times.

Discussions over a start date for League Two are ongoing but work on a fixture list for the second and third tiers will now begin.

It remains to be seen whether supporters will be allowed back into stadiums by mid-October with Nicola Sturgeon today claiming a decision has still to be taken on when fans will be allowed back through the gates.

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster said: “Following a period of consultation with all League One clubs, they have today formally voted to approve the altered programme for the 2020/21 season.

"This is positive news and gives clubs a greater level of clarity and, crucially, a target date to aim for.

“Of course, the safety of players and staff at all of the clubs involved will remain paramount, with these dates still contingent on the continued reduction in the virus’s spread.

“Now that we know what next season will look like for League One, work will begin on compiling the competition’s fixture list.”

I can't but help to wonder how many more clubs will go to the wall in the coming months.

8 minutes ago, Big J R said:

I can't but help to wonder how many more clubs will go to the wall in the coming months.

I'm surprised more footy clubs haven't already if I'm honest ?

On 22/06/2020 at 13:10, Rhodes said:

It's interesting that Stevenage Chairman Phil Wallace now says that "we will be looking closely at that (the Macclesfield decision) with our legal advisors this coming week when we see the reasons and we will have to see where it goes from there. Is it over? no, it’s most definitely not". Macclesfield were only deducted two points for further breaches of EFL regulations which still leaves Stevenage bottom of League Two and, as things stand, will be relegated to the National League for next season, Mr Wallace would have happily kept quiet had Macclesfield been deducted more points and finished bottom:

I see that some EFL Club's have kicked up a stink about Macclesfield's 'lenient' two point deduction, another point would have seen them relegated and Stevenage would have stayed up, I bet Stevenage Chairman Phil Wallace has put those Club's up to complaining, like I said you wouldn't have heard a peep out of him had Macclesfield been deducted more points and finished bottom:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/01/macclesfield-face-renewed-threat-relegation-efl-considers-rivals/

Smallholder - That's 25 posts and counting. My point was why on earth would Ian Evatt jump ship at Holker Street to go to Bolton Wanderers just when Barrow have finally returned to the Football League after 48 years, I remember when they were relegated to the Conference in 1972 as if it was yesterday and it was only because of Hereford United's exploits in the FA Cup that 1971/72 season and Ronnie Radford's goal against Newcastle. Why doesn't Ian Evatt just stay put in Cumbria to carry on his great work over the last two years and proudly lead the Club back into the Football League, what makes his decision even harder to work out is that Bolton and Barrow will be meeting in League Two next season so it's not even a step up for him, he's not a boyhood fan or anything as he's from the Midlands and grew up in Coventry.

The FA Council hasn't as yet ratified the National League's resolution to decide the season by point per game (ppg) and hold play offs, what is taking them so long, it is however expected they will shortly nod through the motion and play offs will take place as planned:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/31003/national-league-north-and-south-play-off-dates-confirmed/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

Billede

I see that Woking Council have overwhelmingly rejected plans for a new stadium for the Football Club, developers GolDev Limited and their partners Dukelease are unsurprisingly set to appeal the decision whereby it is then decided by Central Government and the Secretary of State who appoints an inspector and that decision is final. Strangely Woking Council's Planning Inspector recommended to the Committee that the plans should be approved however not one of the members was in favour largely due to the size of the five housing blocks planned which ranged from two to eleven storeys high and not like those built at Leyton Orient for example. Interestingly Mr Gold from GolDev Limited said afterwards 'you are dealing with people on a Planning Committee that live locally and listen to local views and opinions, one would think that if it goes to Secretary of State they will look at planning policies and not local Politics', to me that said absolutely everything as of course the Planning Committee are going  to listen to local views and opinions as it's their job and those are the very people who are living close by to the new stadium site, clearly Mr Gold has a total disregard for them: 

Billede

This doesn't sound too promising does it, in a letter to its Club's the Ryman League have stated that they 'anxiously await news from the the Department for Digital Culture Media and Sport (DCMS) about the restart of non league football' and 'we are all seriously hoping we will be able to get back to competitive football in', wait for it, 'October'. The Ryman League 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place on Saturday 1 August.

An interesting article in the Non League Paper on-line from Southern League Vice Chairman Anthony Hughes, he appears to be someone who talks a lot of sense for a change and is not just 'a blazer':

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/31034/southern-league-column-we-must-plan-carefully-to-ensure-bright-future/

The decisions made by the leagues, in consultation with The FA and of course with each other, were difficult, purely because there wasn’t a good decision for everyone. It was about trying to do the best of a bad job but also trying to get some uniformity throughout the National League System and working together.

I sincerely felt for some clubs, including some in our own league.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 11:46, Rhodes said:

I see that some EFL Club's have kicked up a stink about Macclesfield's 'lenient' two point deduction, another point would have seen them relegated and Stevenage would have stayed up, I bet Stevenage Chairman Phil Wallace has put those Club's up to complaining, like I said you wouldn't have heard a peep out of him had Macclesfield been deducted more points and finished bottom:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/01/macclesfield-face-renewed-threat-relegation-efl-considers-rivals/

It's going to be interesting to see what happens between Macclesfield Town and Stevenage to see who will be relegated from the EFL, I don't think Stevenage Chairman Phil Wallace has done himself any favours and it will be grossly unfair if Macclesfield get a further points deduction at this late and critical stage:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53395910

A lengthy and interesting statement from the North West Counties Football League welcoming both Bury AFC and Isle Of Man FC into the fold and explaining in detail why they have been accepted:

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8263

WTKB2liI?format=jpg&name=medium

I see that a date has been set for the appeal against sanctions imposed on Macclesfield Town, Tuesday 11 August, if Macclesfield's existing 'lenient' punishment stands Stevenage will be relegated back to the National League where they were promoted from in 2009/10 as Champions under controversial Manager Graham Westley:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53570421

Billede