Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Petition - Completion of Leagues at Non League Level

11 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Talking of Notts County earlier, I see they topped the highest average league attendance statistics this season of all Non League Club's, there are two Club's outside of the National League in the top thirty listing: 

Billede

Wow Dulwich Hamlet FC are well supported.

Maidenhead United FC have done well in recent years nice old ground as well.

I gather that the National League have asked its Clubs to share their views on whether it would be feasible to play the playoffs, if so then the games would take place behind closed doors when safe to do so, Club's have been given until Friday of this week to register their opinions. You really couldn't make it up could you:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52444245

Here we go folks, how the National League tables would look if they were to be decided by points per game (ppg):

Billede

I did notice on the sports page of at least one paper today quoting the F.A. moaning about how much money they are losing through the current situation.

That'll mean fines going up WHEN things get back to normal, if that's at all possible.

1 hour ago, Big J R said:

the F.A. moaning about how much money they are losing through the current situation

Big J R - You don't have any sympathy with the FA do you, they could have handled the whole situation, following the Coronavirus outbreak, far better but it's true they must be losing an absolute fortune and Wembley Stadium, which cost £798 million, is far from paid off yet.

Amazing how a small virus can cause so much trouble in the world, isn't it ?

I see that Simon Fell, MP for Barrow & Furness, has written to the English Football League (EFL) pleading with them for Barrow to be promoted:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Savagebee - I will just put that article in full as members won't bother to click on the link, it's very worrying isn't it, I think when the game does eventually come back it will be football but not as we know it:

There are fears fans will not be able to attend English Football League games until January 2021, according to a leaked recording heard by the BBC.

Alex Rodman, Professional Footballers' Association delegate for Bristol Rovers, was talking to team-mates after a call with clubs, the EFL and PFA.

In the recording, obtained by BBC Points West, Rodman also said the prospect of a 23-team Premier League for next season had been discussed.

Rovers are investigating the leak.

BBC Sport understands no final decisions were made during Wednesday's call between club, EFL and PFA representatives, when several different ideas were discussed.

The EFL will follow the government's guidelines before making any decisions on whether or not the 2019-20 season can resume, how the issues of promotion and relegation will be decided if not, and when fans can attend matches.

In the recording, Rodman claims: "We won't be playing any games with any fans this year, they [the EFL] don't think so. We'll be looking at January 2021 [for fans] unless a cure pops up."

The winger also mentions to team-mates a scenario in which, if the season could not resume, league placings would be decided "on sporting merit".

Three teams would then be promoted from each EFL division but with no relegations, leading to a 23-team Premier League for 2020-21 and then extra relegation spots in future seasons throughout the pyramid to balance the numbers back out.

The EFL is still understood to want to finish the current campaign if safe to do so.

No elite football fixtures have been held in England since 13 March's suspension of games across the country because of the coronavirus pandemic.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I will just put that article in full as members won't bother to click on the link, it's very worrying isn't it, I think when the game does eventually come back it will be football but not as we know it:

There are fears fans will not be able to attend English Football League games until January 2021, according to a leaked recording heard by the BBC.

Alex Rodman, Professional Footballers' Association delegate for Bristol Rovers, was talking to team-mates after a call with clubs, the EFL and PFA.

In the recording, obtained by BBC Points West, Rodman also said the prospect of a 23-team Premier League for next season had been discussed.

Rovers are investigating the leak.

BBC Sport understands no final decisions were made during Wednesday's call between club, EFL and PFA representatives, when several different ideas were discussed.

The EFL will follow the government's guidelines before making any decisions on whether or not the 2019-20 season can resume, how the issues of promotion and relegation will be decided if not, and when fans can attend matches.

In the recording, Rodman claims: "We won't be playing any games with any fans this year, they [the EFL] don't think so. We'll be looking at January 2021 [for fans] unless a cure pops up."

The winger also mentions to team-mates a scenario in which, if the season could not resume, league placings would be decided "on sporting merit".

Three teams would then be promoted from each EFL division but with no relegations, leading to a 23-team Premier League for 2020-21 and then extra relegation spots in future seasons throughout the pyramid to balance the numbers back out.

The EFL is still understood to want to finish the current campaign if safe to do so.

No elite football fixtures have been held in England since 13 March's suspension of games across the country because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Thanks Rhodes.

A statement from Blyth Spartans Chairman Tony Platten which says it all really:

Billede

A hard hitting statement from Wealdstone supremo Dean Brennan, Wealdstone had one foot in the National League for next season had the Coronavirus not struck:

Billede

Yeovil Town issued a statement yesterday stating that they are still committed to completing the playoffs as and when, they would say that though as they would be in them and the Club are itching to get back into the Football League at the first attempt after being relegated to the National League last season:

Billede

From what I understand the National League intend to ask the Football Association whether they could extend their playing season beyond the end of this month (May), the extension would be necessary in order for the play offs to take place after that date. Interestingly, in order for that to happen, they would require a vote by the full FA Council, as was the case when the Council took the cowards way out and ratified the decision to make the entire 2019/20 Non-League season null and void for Steps 3-7 as well as for tiers 3-7 of the Women's Pyramid. 

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

From what I understand the National League intend to ask the Football Association whether they could extend their playing season beyond the end of this month (May), the extension would be necessary in order for the play offs to take place after that date. Interestingly, in order for that to happen, they would require a vote by the full FA Council, as was the case when the Council took the cowards way out and ratified the decision to make the entire 2019/20 Non-League season null and void for Steps 3-7 as well as for tiers 3-7 of the Women's Pyramid. 

There already is an extension to the playing season.

I asked and received an extension until the end of June when I requested it at the beginning on the suspension of football.

Premier League likely to play in June so the extension is there.

This is interesting, Club's at Steps 5 and 6 level with the best average League attendance during the aborted 2019/20 campaign, no SSML Club's make the top 60:

Billede

3 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

This is interesting, Club's at Steps 5 and 6 level with the best average League attendance during the aborted 2019/20 campaign, no SSML Club's make the top 60:

Billede

No surprise to see Jersey Bulls FC top of the lot.

I see that the result has been announced of the National League vote by member Clubs to end their regulation season, it's easy to work out the Club's who voted against ending the campaign isn't it:

NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION
Clubs for : 16
Clubs against : 5
No response : 3

NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH DIVISION
Clubs for : 20
Clubs against : 1
No response : 1

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH DIVISION
Clubs for : 18
Clubs against :2
No response : 2