Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's Strange Eh!

That there is more activity on the SSML Forum now even though there is no footy being played ? then there was for a couple of seasons before this 2019/20 season when there was footy being played ?

Who would have thought it.

Strange Days.

53 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Who would have thought it.

Savagebee - As I've said before that is no thanks to Karen who could be really helpful in keeping us all, particularly SSML Club's, reliably informed of what is currently going on in the corridors of power at the SSML, it's really disappointing isn't it.

Imagining the SSML having corridors of power. Dark wood panelling and huge portraits on the wall, constant internal battles for supremacy and control of the kingdom. 

Winslow Boy - Well if Karen had her way they certainly would and a portrait on the wall of her hero Ashley Kersey:

image.jpg

48 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - Well if Karen had her way they certainly would and a portrait on the wall of her hero Ashley Kersey:

image.jpg

Why wasn't that game ⬆️ called off? ? as they love calling games off these days ?

6 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Imagining the SSML having corridors of power. Dark wood panelling and huge portraits on the wall, constant internal battles for supremacy and control of the kingdom. 

That sounds very 'Harry Potter-ish' !!

Savagebee - The SSML Forum was still active up until around the middle of last season when Karen decided to throw, sorry, chuck in the towel with posting fixtures and results, I'm not sure why she stopped however there wasn't that much response to all her efforts which does take time. The season before though (2017/18), and earlier, the Forum was always active with good discussion and the likes of Rissy, Berko Fan, Rebadiah Hongfield,  Jets TV, CM_Grendon, PPotential, Opinions Opinions 433, Localwatcher, Nick.Ince, Dailydose, Stingray, Britman, Enfield Ernie, Monkey8, Uncle T, OD's, Catdog Rovers, BigDogCol, Nonleaguewizard, Intheknow123, SSML-fan, Thecoldend, Leighton Hatter, Redimp, Baldock_Town, The Leatherhead Lip, LordBrackley, Hertfan, Ex Spartan player and Wisezola all contributing, to name just a handful, where have all these former posters disappeared to.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - The SSML Forum was still active up until around the middle of last season when Karen decided to throw, sorry, chuck in the towel with posting fixtures and results, I'm not sure why she stopped however there wasn't that much response to all her efforts which does take time. The season before though (2017/18), and earlier, the Forum was always active with good discussion and the likes of Rissy, Berko Fan, Rebadiah Hongfield,  Jets TV, CM_Grendon, PPotential, Opinions Opinions 433, Localwatcher, Nick.Ince, Dailydose, Stingray, Britman, Enfield Ernie, Monkey8, Uncle T, OD's, Catdog Rovers, BigDogCol, Nonleaguewizard, Intheknow123, SSML-fan, Thecoldend, Leighton Hatter, Redimp, Baldock_Town, The Leatherhead Lip, LordBrackley, Hertfan, Ex Spartan player and Wisezola all contributing, to name just a handful, where have all these former posters disappeared to.

When I came back on to this forum in May 2019 this forum was all but dead and buried.

Below was the first topic/thing that I had posted on here in a couple years ⬇

Looking back at old pages on the SSML Forum it was only really Karen B posting the fixtures and results for the 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons on this forum. 

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Wisezola

I have had one or two run ins on here in the past with Wisezola, he's very argumentative for no apparent reason however he has managed London Colney and Tring Athletic so he must know his football and what he's talking about, fair play to him. 

10 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

I have had one or two run ins on here in the past with Wisezola, he's very argumentative for no apparent reason however he has managed London Colney and Tring Athletic so he must know his football and what he's talking about, fair play to him. 

A Chelsea FC fan by any chance ?

Yep people come and go don't they.

FAO Big JR

What happend to Smudge? He used to post a lot on the CCL Forum.

1 minute ago, Savagebee said:

FAO Big JR

What happend to Smudge? He used to post a lot on the CCL Forum.

He and I used to meet up at various CCL games in the old Dorking F.C era.  I think the last time was a couple of seasons ago at a game at Dorking Wanderers old ground at Westhumble

I recall from then that his wife was suffering ill-health.  I do have his home phone number but have left it at that.

20 minutes ago, Big J R said:

He and I used to meet up at various CCL games in the old Dorking F.C era.  I think the last time was a couple of seasons ago at a game at Dorking Wanderers old ground at Westhumble

I recall from then that his wife was suffering ill-health.  I do have his home phone number but have left it at that.

What about Krooner? He also used to be a regular poster on the CCL Forum.

Just done some detective work.  Old habits die hard !!

Peter, (Smudge) last logged into this site end of October 2018, using his real name, so I suspect the worst.

The CCL appears to have died right off of late.  Barrie, (Krooner) another great friend from the past.  We also met up a lot. He was a CCL referee.  Chris Clapham was another regularly met friend from Colliers Wood.

Strange how things go.

1 hour ago, Big J R said:

Just done some detective work.  Old habits die hard !!

Peter, (Smudge) last logged into this site end of October 2018, using his real name, so I suspect the worst.

The CCL appears to have died right off of late.  Barrie, (Krooner) another great friend from the past.  We also met up a lot. He was a CCL referee.  Chris Clapham was another regularly met friend from Colliers Wood.

Strange how things go.

Oh dear about Smudge he used to like a good debate hope he is well.

Big JR what about Tel? Is he a Ashford Town FC supporter? I'm sure he was?

On 04/05/2020 at 16:09, Savagebee said:

Oh dear about Smudge he used to like a good debate hope he is well.

Big JR what about Tel? Is he a Ashford Town FC supporter? I'm sure he was?

Not sure about Tel. Not ringing any bells at the moment.

Archived