Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

On 20/07/2023 at 17:08, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 1 August Real Bedford v Milton Keynes Irish (SSML Premier Division)

A little premature but let's get ready to rumble:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdim.mcusercontent.com%2Fcs%2F5dcaaeaaa52ab803dd106a18d%2Fimages%2F1426bc28-c9ed-5d94-ae32-f0703d6e0635.png%3Fw%3D564%26dpr%3D2&t=1690391731&ymreqid=d41d8cd9-8f00-b204-1cbe-e70005014b00&sig=t851a.PPXa5pDJmv36VQHQ--~D

Real Bedford Ladies have an interesting looking pre-season fixture this evening (27 July) against Women´s National League Division One South East Cambridge United Ladies, being played at St Neots Town FC where Cambridge United Ladies groundshare. There is a livestream if you are able to figure out how to access it and there may be a payment involved:

You can watch the match in the link below:

May be an image of text

Edited by Rhodes

On 24/07/2023 at 20:57, Rhodes said:

The final pre-season fixture takes place tomorrow evening at Moulton FC ahead of the eagerly awaited 'pipe opener' to the new season with Milton Keynes Irish at McMullen Park next Tuesday, 1 August:

Numerous photographs from the pre-season fixture at Moulton FC last Tuesday and a comfortable 3-0 win for Real Bedford: 

https://www.moultonfc.co.uk/photos/moulton-v-real-bedford-friendly-25-july-2023-1067514.html?utm_campaign=event_share&utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR26i7avP53lsrMyZLbQEBxGIkSj-wofXNDpzWbAyPnNKTI-X18eInLVbcE

Photo 110 of 111

Edited by Rhodes

16 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Real Bedford Ladies have an interesting looking pre-season fixture this evening (27 July) against Women´s National League Division One South East Cambridge United Ladies, being played at St Neots Town FC where Cambridge United Ladies groundshare.

A disappointing 5-1 defeat for Real Bedford Ladies last night however Cambridge United Ladies play at a higher level and will cross paths with the likes of AFC Wimbledon, QPR and Norwich City Ladies this coming season in the very competitive looking Women´s National League Division One South East:

Cambridge Utd Women 5-1 Real Bedford Ladies
A tough evening, but lots of positives against a very good Cambridge United WFC. We hit the woodwork twice and gave a team a division above us a good game in spells.
A big thanks to the hosts for the hospitality and all the best with your upcoming season.

4 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

One more day, gents. Let's get ready to rumble

RallyInRaleigh: Yes, indeed:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/match-focus-the-pirates-host-mk-irish-in-the-season-opener

Puede ser una imagen de una persona, jugando al fútbol, jugando al fútbol, equipamiento deportivo, estadio y texto que dice "NEXT MCMULLEN 1 AUGUST 7:45PM PARK, MK44 3SB UP! VS MILTON KEYNES 20 REAL IRISH FC MK MKCity City umbing&"

Edited by Rhodes

On 24/06/2023 at 15:22, Rhodes said:

Sunday 30 July - AFC Sudbury Ladies - Away - kick off 2.00pm

Real Bedford Ladies drew 1-1 yesterday (30 July) at last season´s Eastern Region Women´s League Premier Division Champions AFC Sudbury Ladies in what was a decent run out prior to the big Eastern Region Women´s League Premier Division kick off against Stevenage FC Ladies at McMullen Park on Sunday 13 August. The final pre-season fixture is against Milton Keynes Dons Development Ladies this Sunday (6 August) at McMullen Park, kick off 2.00pm.

No difficulties then for Rob Sinclair´s heroes last night against a bemused Milton Keynes Irish side who possibly thought they had an early three points in the bag against a promoted Real Bedford side, the Manor Fields outfit must be dreading a possible return to McMullen Park in the FA Cup Preliminary Round on Saturday 19 August. See a match report and the match programme:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/real-bedford-kickstart-

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/619758344d16e93725c39d0a/t/64ca292c5f61322f52060e23/1690970434153/%2321+RBFC+v+MKIFC+-+SMLPL+-+01.08.23.pdf

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

No difficulties then for Rob Sinclair´s heroes last night against a bemused Milton Keynes Irish side who possibly thought they had an early three points in the bag against a promoted Real Bedford side, the Manor Fields outfit must be dreading a possible return to McMullen Park in the FA Cup Preliminary Round on Saturday 19 August. See a match report and the match programme:

https://www.realbedford.com/news/real-bedford-kickstart-

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/619758344d16e93725c39d0a/t/64ca292c5f61322f52060e23/1690970434153/%2321+RBFC+v+MKIFC+-+SMLPL+-+01.08.23.pdf

No difficulties? Irish had more chances but Tyler McGregor had a blinder in the Real Bedford goal and Luke Knight cleared one off the line. Real Bedford.wull be very grateful for the win.

14 hours ago, LondonEagle said:

No difficulties? Irish had more chances but Tyler McGregor had a blinder in the Real Bedford goal and Luke Knight cleared one off the line. Real Bedford.wull be very grateful for the win.

I agree with this take. Could have gone either way as Bedford had moments of control but the Irish definitely were the better side over the course of 90 minutes. But that's football. That header from Evans was brilliant and, ultimately, the difference after Tyler turned away what could have easily been 3 goals from MKI. 

Well let us just agree to disagree, that's football isn't it, like I said Milton Keynes Irish no doubt thought they only had to turn up at McMullen Park on Tuesday evening and leave again with three easy points in the bag against a newly promoted Real Bedford side however they were in for a rude awakening. Now lets focus on tomorrow afternoon and the exciting visit to Essex Senior League FC Clacton, have the hosts or the FA not agreed to the live stream of the tie as there is no mention of it on the Club's website which states the next live stream is the Baldock Town League fixture on Tuesday 15 August, that must mean the Cockfosters League game next Saturday (12 August) is also not being streamed:

May be an image of text that says "SATURDAY 5TH AUGUST REAL REAL LBEDFORD BEDFORD mu FC Clacton V 5 EST. BLOCK 712003 FC CLACTON 15:00 REAL BEDFORD ADULTS £8 SENIORS £5 KIDS £3"

Real Bedford's far more imaginative graphic for tomorrow's FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie at FC Clacton:

RBFC+v+FCC+-+FA+Cup+-+Fixture+(Rectangle).png

Edited by Rhodes

On 31/07/2023 at 19:56, Rhodes said:

Real Bedford Ladies drew 1-1 yesterday (30 July) at last season´s Eastern Region Women´s League Premier Division Champions AFC Sudbury Ladies in what was a decent run out prior to the big Eastern Region Women´s League Premier Division kick off against Stevenage FC Ladies at McMullen Park on Sunday 13 August. The final pre-season fixture is against Milton Keynes Dons Development Ladies this Sunday (6 August) at McMullen Park, kick off 2.00pm.

It would appear that Milton Keynes Dons Development Ladies have cried off on Sunday (6 August) as Real Bedford Ladies will now travel to Wormley Ladies for their final pre-season friendly before embarking on their eagerly awaited Eastern Region Women´s League Premier Division campaign, kick off is 2.00pm at Wormley Playing Fields:

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Well let us just agree to disagree, that's football isn't it, like I said Milton Keynes Irish no doubt thought they only had to turn up at McMullen Park on Tuesday evening and leave again with three easy points in the bag against a newly promoted Real Bedford side however they were in for a rude awakening. Now lets focus on tomorrow afternoon and the exciting visit to Essex Senior League FC Clacton, have the hosts or the FA not agreed to the live stream of the tie as there is no mention of it on the Club's website which states the next live stream is the Baldock Town League fixture on Tuesday 15 August, that must mean the Cockfosters League game next Saturday (12 August) is also not being streamed:

May be an image of text that says "SATURDAY 5TH AUGUST REAL REAL LBEDFORD BEDFORD mu FC Clacton V 5 EST. BLOCK 712003 FC CLACTON 15:00 REAL BEDFORD ADULTS £8 SENIORS £5 KIDS £3"

RB don't stream cup games.  

I've heard Peter say it costs upwards of $5k per game to stream and that the current plan is not to stream any cup games. Last year they did stream the cup final but that was it. Perhaps it will be similar if they make a deep run in the Vase or something. I'm already trying to figure out how I can get to Wembley if they make that particular cup final...

On 04/08/2023 at 19:30, RallyInRaleigh said:

I've heard Peter say it costs upwards of $5k per game to stream and that the current plan is not to stream any cup games. Last year they did stream the cup final but that was it. Perhaps it will be similar if they make a deep run in the Vase or something. I'm already trying to figure out how I can get to Wembley if they make that particular cup final...

It's a shame really the FA Cup games aren't being streamed, I'm sure in the US some fans would prefer to watch those over some of the less attractive league games.

There are nearly 600 teams in the FA Vase so chances of reaching final slim. although Real Bedford will be one of the better sides in it. 

Certainly don't expect a cup final run but dreaming big is what the preseason is for, right? 

I agree on streaming the cup games. At least the home games which, I imagine, are simpler and more cost effective than some of the lesser league road tilts. Still, I'll take what I can get.