Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC

Good news folks, the Club will remain in the SSML next season:

Edited by Rhodes

Happy to see this. Any insight on who might be the stiffest competition for promotion? I imagine there can be a lot of turnover year to year in the non league ranks but I'd imagine someone from the recently relegated Romania and the just missed teams like Cockfosters and Dunstable will be near the sharp end?

On 05/05/2023 at 12:58, Rhodes said:

Here we go folks, you're in for a treat, the latest episode of the Podcast aII about footbaII in Bedfordshire featuring a lengthy and informative interview with Real Bedford Chairman Peter McCormack

In Peter McCormack's entertaining interview on the Bedfordshire Football Podcast recently he mentioned a potential run in the FA Vase next season but not the FA Cup, it made me wonder whether the Club will actually be in the FA Cup next season for whatever reason, it would be a shame if they weren't particularly with the possibility, albeit small, of meeting Bedford Town.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

In Peter McCormack's entertaining interview on the Bedfordshire Football Podcast recently he mentioned a potential run in the FA Vase next season but not the FA Cup, it made me wonder whether the Club will actually be in the FA Cup next season for whatever reason, it would be a shame if they weren't particularly with the possibility, albeit small, of meeting Bedford Town.

Not sure if this is still the rule Rhodes, but in early 90s when Bedford Town reformed, I remember the rule was clubs could only enter the FA Cup if they had entered the FA Vase the previous year. Which would mean if that's still rule then Real Bedford can't enter FA Cup until 2024/25. No idea if that's still the rule or not though.    

Edited by LondonEagle

Only a year to wait then before Bedford Town and Real Bedford lock horns at Step 4 level, unless of course Bedford Town are relegated again next season, the Club are in freefall aren't they however Lee Bircham should be able to stop the rot:

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Only a year to wait then before Bedford Town and Real Bedford lock horns at Step 4 level, unless of course Bedford Town are relegated again next season, the Club are in freefall aren't they however Lee Bircham should be able to stop the rot:

More than a year to wait if Bircham gets Town promoted to Step 3 at the first attempt, would be surprised if they don't finish Top 5.      

Bedford Ladies travel the short distance to Sharpenhoe Road this evening to take on Luton Town Ladies in their final League fixture of the campaign. It promises to be an interesting affair, Luton Ladies have a further game remaining and can still finish runners up in the table behind already Champions AFC Sudbury Ladies who were extremely fortunate to come away from McMullen Park with a 1-0 victory back in December:

Apologies, that was a delayed post from yesterday (Wednesday), once again Bedford Ladies put in a superb performance last night to go down narrowly to Luton Town Ladies by the only goal of the game, scored in the 39th minute, see some match highlights:

Edited by Rhodes

The Club, and in particular Rob Sinclair, certainly don't let the grass grow under their feet do they:

Here we go folks, a special final episode of the Podcast aII about footbaII in Bedfordshire for the amazing 2022/23 season and the end of season awards. Obviously Real Bedford pretty much swept the board and the Club are featured 56 minutes and 45 seconds into the Podcast if you don't wish to listen to all of it:

Edited by Rhodes

A team sheet from A.C.D. v Bedford United in a 1994/95 South Midlands League Senior Division fixture. A.C.D changed their name more times than the weather, they were originally A.C. Sphinx from 1945 to 1952, then A.C. Delco (Luton) from 1952 to 1980, then Delco Products from 1987 to 1992, then Delco from 1992 to 1994, then A.C.D. from 1994 to 1996 and then, finally, A.C.D. Tridon from 1996 until 1997 when the Club folded, the season before the SSML came into being:

May be an image of text that says "A.C.D.F.C. A.C.D. PAUL ORCHARD DEVON BATCHELOR IMON GOODING GOOD KENNY DUMM DUMMIGAN BRENDAN SPILLANE DARREN CROFT CARL CHESHIRE RICKY JUSTIN STEVE TERRELONGE DARREN SNEE MARTIN HERBER IAN MILLIGAN STEVE 8- BEDFORD UNITED F.C. RICHARD ACTON MARK JUZWIAK ANTHONY FAY MICHAEL MARSH NEIL COLES SCOTT TURNER CARL BARNETT ANIELLO CAMMARANO 9- 10- 11- 12- 14- HOWARTH 7- 10- 11- 12- 14 15- LEE HARTLEY LEE MANTON JOHN HISLOP CHRIS CAMPBELL CLIVE MASON CLAUDIO FUCCILLO COLOURS: SHIRTS RED SHORTS WHITE SOCKS RED MANAGER: STEVE COLOURS: OURS: SHIRTS HOWARTH WHITE MANAGER: ROBERT BELL"

Edited by Rhodes

I see that Bedford Town have somehow 'wangled' a pre-season friendly with QPR, although no doubt it will be a QPR XI made up of predominantly youth and fringe first team players. I am sure that at the end of the forthcoming 2023/24 campaign EFL and National League Club's will be fighting over pre-season friendlies with Step 4 Real Bedford:

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/bedfordtownfootballclub/news/eagles-to-face-qpr-2782212.html

Edited by Rhodes

A bit random, and not really Real Bedford related, however as it's close season, and we will all be twiddling our thumbs and kicking our heels for the next month, here are some photographs of 'God's Country' or 'County' Bedfordshire to give the Club's numerous overseas fans, who have yet to visit, an idea of what's in store for them when they eventually do. Unfortunately the cover photograph doesn't do it justice:

Bedfordshire

An announcement from the Club about Real Bedford Ladies:

We are pleased to announce we have expanded our relationship with Bedford Ladies and have changed our name to Real Bedford Ladies.

https://www.realbedford.com/news/introducing-real-bedford-ladies

20 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I see that Bedford Town have somehow 'wangled' a pre-season friendly with QPR, although no doubt it will be a QPR XI made up of predominantly youth and fringe first team players. I am sure that at the end of the forthcoming 2023/24 campaign EFL and National League Club's will be fighting over pre-season friendlies with Step 4 Real Bedford:

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/bedfordtownfootballclub/news/eagles-to-face-qpr-2782212.html

Not really a shock when Lee Bircham is a massive QPR fan and brother of QPR legend Marc Bircham!

I note that Leighton Town have disappointingly cried off and pulled out of the pre-season friendly with Real Bedford at Bell Close on Saturday 15 July, Cranfield United have stepped into the breach and will host Rob Sinclair's men at Crawley Road on Friday 14 July:

21 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Can't believe we are just a month away from being back in the action. Bring it on!

RallyInRaleigh - Yes, indeed, it's just over a month to the friendly with Northern Premier League Midland Division AFC Rushden & Diamonds which will no doubt attract a decent crowd to a sun baked McMullen Park as will the game with Corby Town the following Tuesday evening who are also a Northern Premier League Midland Division Club:

FxOPkH0WwAAS_cO?format=png&name=small

Edited by Rhodes

On 02/06/2023 at 13:06, Rhodes said:

I note that Leighton Town have disappointingly cried off and pulled out of the pre-season friendly with Real Bedford at Bell Close on Saturday 15 July, Cranfield United have stepped into the breach and will host Rob Sinclair's men at Crawley Road on Friday 14 July

I see that Leighton Town cried off because they got 'a better offer' on Saturday 15 July, they now travel to AFC Rushden & Diamonds who are a fellow Step 4 Club having been relegated from the Southern League Premier Division Central last season, it's a poor show isn't it.

Too bad the friendlies won't be streamed but I'm still looking forward to see what names return to the club and what new faces will start to make their case for a full campaign with the skull and crossbones. In the meantime, I'm really having a whale of a time with FC Cincinnati stateside. They can't lose lately.