Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

new season

old towner

ENFIELD TOWN – ISTHMIAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
Sat Sep 19 Lewes H
Wed Sep 23 FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round
Sat Sep 26 Merstham A FA Trophy 1st Qualifying Round
Wed Sep 30 Bishops Stortford A
Sat Oct 3 Kingstonian H
Wed Oct 7 Horsham A
Sat Oct 10 Leatherhead H
Sat Oct 17 Corinthian-Casuals A FA Trophy 2nd Qualifying Round
Wed Oct 21 Margate H
Sat Oct 24 Carshalton Athletic A
Sat Oct 31 FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round
Wed Nov 4 Brightlingsea Regent H
Sat Nov 7 Cray Wanderers H
Sat Nov 14 Cheshunt A
Wed Nov 18 Hornchurch A
Sat Nov 21 Bognor Regis Town H
Sat Nov 28 Worthing H
Sat Dec 5 Folkestone Invicta A
Sat Dec 12 East Thurrock United H
Sat Dec 19 Wingate & Finchley A
Sat Dec 26 Haringey Borough A
Mon Dec 28 Potters Bar Town H
Sat Jan 2 Bowers & Pitsea A
Sat Jan 9 Horsham H
Sat Jan 16 Carshalton Athletic H
Sat Jan 23 Brightlingsea Regent A
Sat Jan 30 Cheshunt H
Sat Feb 6 Cray Wanderers A
Sat Feb 13 Hornchurch H
Sat Feb 20 Bognor Regis Town A
Sat Feb 27 Lewes A
Wed Mar 3 Bishops Stortford H
Sat Mar 6 Merstham H
Sat Mar 13 Kingstonian A
Sat Mar 20 Folkestone Invicta H
Sat Mar 27 Worthing A
Sat Apr 3 Margate A
Mon Apr 5 Haringey Borough H
Sat Apr 10 Leatherhead A
Sat Apr 17 Corinthian-Casuals H
Sat Apr 24 East Thurrock United A
Sat May 1 Wingate & Finchley H
Mon May 3 Potters Bar Town A
Sat May 8 Bowers & Pitsea H

its all go now

Starting to feel excited now ... though it will be a very strange season - with players/teams potentially having to suddenly quarantine for 2 weeks if someone gets covid - could be a real topsy turvey season.

My 2 initial comments are

- midweek games on a Wednesday rather than a Tuesday? Is this to give the players more of a breather between games as there will be a lot of midweek ones in a compressed season? Or a commercial reason to boost attendences - or both?

Whilst there is no way of knowing who will come out strongly this season, the fact that our final run of 8 games does not contain any of last season's Top 8 is a good one.

Conversely, November is a key month - we have 6 games from Nov 7th to Dec 5th, and 5 of them are against last season's Top 8 ...

Thanks OT for pointing this out - was wondering when we'd get confirmation!

Would have thought that for Wednesday we just read 'midweek' - but would be nice if the club could confirm that our preferred midweek home date of Tuesday remains unchanged.

Interesting that the FA seem to have given a nod to fixture problems with the FA Cup - with some rounds being started in midweek now. However we seem to have gone the other way with FA Trophy games with all matches on Saturday and none of these being free from Isthmian League dates?! Cup runs are going to cause more fixture problems than normal this year but the income they generate is more needed than ever.

Whilst I'm excited to get football back I must admit to finding it difficult to get excited about the league season at the moment, with the same teams as last year and no confirmation that the league won't just be scrapped again if we get what seems like an inevitable second wave of the dreaded C-word. That was my biggest problem with the way last season was handled - I guess we just hope for the best. Perhaps the new League sponsors - Kappa? - will generate some excitement.

Archived