Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Second Round Qualifying

3 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

when I post the answer

Karen - Or if I beat you to the punch, seriously though I hope Joes comes on after the draw to give us his thoughts, Leighton Town have started the season in great style. Also his thoughts on their Premier Division visit to Crawley Green on Saturday where none of the Club's fans are allowed to attend, well unless they buy a Luton Town season ticket between now and Saturday afternoon and then a Crawley Green season ticket for £30.

52 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

where none of the Club's fans are allowed to attend, well unless they buy a Luton Town season ticket between now and Saturday afternoon and then a Crawley Green season ticket for £30.

That will still not get them access, the ground is closed to ALL spectators. 

Karen - Thanks but what about the post on another Forum, is that not true then, if not I assume Crawley Green are being compensated by the Kenilworth Road Club for their losses in gate money:

"BCD" is something of a misnomer. Due to their tie-in with Luton Town (they share Luton's training ground at the Brache), Crawley Green have being selling season tickets to Luton Town season ticket holders at just £30 for the season. Presumably take up of these, particularly with it likely to be extremely difficult to get in to watch the parent team this season, has no doubt reached the limited quota of fans being allowed into Step 5 stadia for the present under the emergency COVID regulations. Therefore tickets will only become available to casual supporters if and when these regulations are relaxed. The doors are open, but only to a select few at the moment.

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/ssml-midweek-kick-off-times.2661/

I see that just two dubutants remain in the competition out of the twenty that started out, I don't expect Leighton Town would complain if they drew either Hashtag United or Newark at Bell Close later on today. I also see that just two Step 6 Club's remain, Risborough Rangers and Saltash United, I don't believe Leighton Town can draw Saltash United due to regionalisation but obviously they can draw Risborough Rangers although I'm sure Joe Sweeney wouldn't be overly keen to travel to Horsenden Lane tomorrow week:

Billede

Just under ten minutes now before Karen announces the FA Cup Second Qualifying Round draw and can you imagine if Hemel Hempstead Town are Leighton Town's opponents, particularly at Bell Close. If that is the case I wonder whether Lee Bircham would play Danny Webb from the start as the great man has been mostly on the bench for their pre-season games at St Ives Town (pictured), Newport Pagnell Town, Torquay United,  Kettering Town, Brackley Town and Bedford Town:

036919_e4d1decc586b4e4a8558c0f18d7ccf60~mv2.webp

It's obviously a difficult one against a Step 3 Club but at Bell Close and winnable if everything clicks together and Connor Calcutt can find his scoring boots, I guess it could have been far worse such as a Step 2 Club away:

Billede

The full FA Cup Second Qualifying Round draw, Haringey Borough drawn at home yet again:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2020/09/25/emirates-fa-cup-draw-second-qualifying-round/

2016-17   PRE   BARKINGSIDE                         H    7-2
          1Q    WITHAM TOWN                         H    0-3
2017-18   PRE   BOWERS & PITSEA                     A    2-0
          1Q    HITCHIN TOWN                        H    1-1
          1Qr   HITCHIN TOWN                        A    1-1 (Haringey Borough won 3-2 on pens)
          2Q    WELLING UNITED                      A    2-1
          3Q    BIDEFORD                            H    4-1
          4Q    HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS                    H    2-4
2018-19   PRE   STANWAY ROVERS                      H    1-0
          1Q    BRENTWOOD TOWN                      A    3-2
          2Q    ERITH TOWN                          H    2-0
          3Q    A F C SUDBURY                       H    2-1
          4Q    POOLE TOWN                          H    2-1
          1     A F C WIMBLEDON                     H    0-1
2019-20   1Q    HERNE BAY                           H    3-0
          2Q    STAINES TOWN                        H    5-0
          3Q    CRAY WANDERERS                      H    1-0
          4Q    YEOVIL TOWN                         H    0-3
2020-21   1Q    TUNBRIDGE WELLS                     H    5-1

2Q        CHERTSEY TOWN                                                H

Edited by Rhodes

Very exciting game for us, at home against a team 2 levels above is what the fa cup is all about. 

They had a difficult season last year, but since Darren eadie came in, they have improved and now look a lot stronger. 

Beating Biggleswade Town away 5-1 was a very impressive result in the last round, so we are fully aware we have our hands full. 

But a game that all of us at the club will look forward to. Just a shame we will only have 300 in for it I guess. 

Hope everyone is well 

It was great to hear from Joes, here's a Leighton Town statement following this afternoon's draw: 

We are hugely excited to be hosting Step 3 side Leiston in the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday 3 October.

The game will be all ticket and limited to a maximum of 300 supporters. This is to be confirmed. The Executive Committee is meeting tomorrow to discuss how best to ensure that our loyal, trusted supporters receive priority in obtaining tickets. Full details will be released later this weekend. Watch this space!

I suppose it's too much to hope for that Leighton Town v Leiston will be the BBC tv game, I'll take a wild guess at Curzon Ashton v FC United of Manchester, two Northern Club's which the BBC seem to prefer, very close to their studios in Manchester, FC United's link to Manchester United, both Manager's are 'colourful' and it will be a 'sell out':

Billede

Get this, apparently there is some uncertainly as to whether Step 3-6 Clubs who were drawn at home yesterday to Step 2 Clubs in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round can have spectators in attendance and may have to play their tie behind closed doors, the FA are currently in discussions with the Government to clarify the ruling regarding fans at games involving so called 'Elite Clubs' and an update will be given early next week. You really couldn't make it up if you tried could you.

Who on earth decided on the BBC tv game for the FA Cup Second Qualifying Round on Saturday, it's disgusting isn't it, what's wrong with Leighton Town v Leiston where there will be a great atmosphere at Bell Close and the possibility of a shock on the cards with Leighton Town flying high and Leiston having lost their first two Southern League Premier Division Central fixtures, 1-0 at home to Rushall Olympic and 4-1 at Coalville Town:

Billede

2 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

and Leiston having lost their first two Southern League Premier Division Central fixtures, 1-0 at home to Rushall Olympic and 4-1 at Coalville Town

YouTube footage of Leiston's 4-1 defeat at Coalville Town last Saturday (26 September) in the Southern League Premier Division Central, they (the team in blue) certainly don't look like anything to write home about and were 4-0 down before getting a consolation goal near the end:

I think that we will beat Leiston, in front of a certain sell-out, Bell Close. Having seen all of our games so far, I can’t see how we won’t give the Suffolk outfit a really good test, especially at home, in front of our wonderful supporters! 
I’d happily say 3-1 Leighton right now! But, I’d take a scrappy win on Pens... anything to get through hey! 

45 minutes ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

I think that we will beat Leiston, in front of a certain sell-out, Bell Close. Having seen all of our games so far, I can’t see how we won’t give the Suffolk outfit a really good test, especially at home, in front of our wonderful supporters! 
I’d happily say 3-1 Leighton right now! But, I’d take a scrappy win on Pens... anything to get through hey! 

AlwaysLeighton - Did you hear Joe Sweeney on the BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show yesterday, he was great value wasn't he but, unlike you, didn't want to sound too over confident about Saturday's tie with Leiston, is Connor Calcutt struggling at the moment as he was on the bench at Crawley Green and only came on when you were 5-0 up, he hasn't netted competitively yet this season has he.

15 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

AlwaysLeighton - Did you hear Joe Sweeney on the BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show yesterday, he was great value wasn't he but, unlike you, didn't want to sound too over confident about Saturday's tie with Leiston, is Connor Calcutt struggling at the moment as he was on the bench at Crawley Green and only came on when you were 5-0 up, he hasn't netted competitively yet this season has he.

As a supporter I can get away with saying we’ll win haha!

yes I did, came across excellently. Speak with Joe on a regular basis and he came across really well as he does all the time! 

No, he’s not. Connor and his partner have just welcomed their first child into the world, and he’s only played in 2 competitive games for us, combined about 105 minutes. No need to worry so far, or at all in all fairness.

I would encourage anyone who wants too to come and watch this Leighton team at the minute. Unbelievably good value for money, especially last Tuesday against Mildenhall. Danny Webb, who? Haha.  

2 hours ago, AlwaysLeighton said:

Having seen all of our games so far

How did you get into the Brache on Saturday out of interest

Edited by Rhodes