Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is the 2020/21 SSML season over?

Is the 2020/21 SSML season over?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is the 2020/21 SSML season over?

• Yes
    • No

Unfortunately I think it's done, can't see it going ahead as we're months away from a mass vaccination roll out. 

It'll probably be late summer /Autumn before we return to a semblance of normally returns. 

As much as it pains me to say I think we're heading for a second null and void season. 

11 hours ago, GRS67 said:

Unfortunately I think it's done, can't see it going ahead as we're months away from a mass vaccination roll out. 

It'll probably be late summer /Autumn before we return to a semblance of normally returns. 

As much as it pains me to say I think we're heading for a second null and void season. 

Yep enough is enough in my opinion.

Im sure our Supreme Leaders already have more Lockdowns planned for next year they just haven't informed the peasants yet of there plans.

#Governmentsarenotyourfriend

So will it be ppg this time round then rather than null and void as was controversially the case last season

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

So will it be ppg this time round then rather than null and void as was controversially the case last season

With even less games played I can’t see how they can possibly do that. It’ll have to be null and void again

There seems to be no sign of a light at the end of the tunnel ?

Our Supreme Leaders are still locking us down 9 months later. Do Lockdowns realky work? I'm really not sure if they do and Covid infections seem to have increased since face masks were made mandatory in shops and on public transport.

WB is right it will be another null and void season again. It's only a matter of time before this is confirmed in my opinion.

Keep the faith ??

2 hours ago, Savagebee said:

There seems to be no sign of a light at the end of the tunnel ?

Our Supreme Leaders are still locking us down 9 months later. Do Lockdowns realky work? I'm really not sure if they do and Covid infections seem to have increased since face masks were made mandatory in shops and on public transport.

WB is right it will be another null and void season again. It's only a matter of time before this is confirmed in my opinion.

Keep the faith ??

Edited by GRS67

On 20/12/2020 at 17:11, Winslow Boy said:

Definitely over. The restructuring will have to be put back again. 

Winslow Boy - It's looking increasingly likely that you are going to be right, I see from discussion on another Forum that the West Lancashire League (Steps 7-9) have already terminated their season and other League's are on the brink of following suit:

West Lancashire League season terminated | NonLeagueMatters Forums

North West Counties League - will they finish their fixtures? | NonLeagueMatters Forums

I think that most leagues will put the 2020/21 season out of its misery before to long. By the end of Jan will we be in tier 10 at this rate.

3 hours ago, Savagebee said:

By the end of Jan will we be in tier 10 at this rate

Savagebee - You could be spot on there, the Government are just making it up as they go along and Boris hasn't got a Scooby Doo, even his 'henchman' Dominic Cummings left him in the lurch and that said it all

I see that they are trying to make some sort of clarity of the confusing Tier system on another Forum, on a new thread entitled 'Query re. 'Tier' groundhopping', without much if any success, if they don't know then what chance has anybody else got:

Query re 'Tier' groundhopping | NonLeagueMatters Forums

I think the last think on Central and Local Government's minds at the present time is going to be the beautiful game, and non-elite and grassroots football in particular, so, unfortunately, it isn't looking promising for a return to SSML action early in the New Year:

New strain of coronavirus 54 per cent more infectious than other variant  | Daily Mail Online

Britain today recorded 53,135 more coronavirus cases in a record daily high and 414 deaths as the second wave of the disease continues to grow with a highly-infectious strain spreading rapidly across the country.

Today's infection tally is the highest toll officially recorded by the Department of Health in a single 24-hour period and it marks a sharp 44 per cent rise on last Tuesday's figure of 36,804.  

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

I think the last think on Central and Local Government's minds at the present time is going to be the beautiful game, and non-elite and grassroots football in particular, so, unfortunately, it isn't looking promising for a return to SSML action early in the New Year:

New strain of coronavirus 54 per cent more infectious than other variant  | Daily Mail Online

Britain today recorded 53,135 more coronavirus cases in a record daily high and 414 deaths as the second wave of the disease continues to grow with a highly-infectious strain spreading rapidly across the country.

Today's infection tally is the highest toll officially recorded by the Department of Health in a single 24-hour period and it marks a sharp 44 per cent rise on last Tuesday's figure of 36,804.  

Yep our Supreme Leaders only have Covid-19 on there agender nothing else what so ever matters anymore. Life is Covid Covid is life. 

It looks like that's it then doesn't it, the 2020/21 campaign is all over bar the shouting:

Total national lockdown by the end of January is inevitable, says SAGE expert | Daily Mail Online

The PM voiced 'bitter regret' after it was announced that three quarters of the country will be in Tier 4 from midnight, adding the rest of the South East, Midlands, North East, parts of the North West and parts of the South West to the top bracket.

The seriousness of the situation was underlined tonight as the UK recorded another 50,023 cases - a jump of a quarter over the same day last week - and 981 deaths, the highest since April.   

22 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Yep our Supreme Leaders only have Covid-19 on there agender nothing else what so ever matters anymore. Life is Covid Covid is life. 

Savagebee - There's a new thread on another Forum entitled 'Anyone else getting fed up?' and it makes pretty depressing reading, here's an example and it is one of the more upbeat posts:

Anyone else getting fed up? | Page 2 | NonLeagueMatters Forums

I have been hit really badly by covid this year. Although I have been lucky and haven't had the disease or lost anyone I know to it, it has destroyed my life and left me without a routine. I currently go back into my office in London three days a week. On my half of the office today there were just two of us but it gave me a routine, it gave me someone to talk to and it gave me a reason to get up in the morning.
Alcohol, drugs and online gambling are slowly destroying some of my friends although most of them will not really admit to it. I am drinking every evening but I am doing everything possible to live normally so that when non-league football comes back it can go back into my routine and it will fill up the time.
Just how much time we have to wait is the real problem.

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - There's a new thread on another Forum entitled 'Anyone else getting fed up?' and it makes pretty depressing reading, here's an example and it is one of the more upbeat posts:

Anyone else getting fed up? | Page 2 | NonLeagueMatters Forums

I have been hit really badly by covid this year. Although I have been lucky and haven't had the disease or lost anyone I know to it, it has destroyed my life and left me without a routine. I currently go back into my office in London three days a week. On my half of the office today there were just two of us but it gave me a routine, it gave me someone to talk to and it gave me a reason to get up in the morning.
Alcohol, drugs and online gambling are slowly destroying some of my friends although most of them will not really admit to it. I am drinking every evening but I am doing everything possible to live normally so that when non-league football comes back it can go back into my routine and it will fill up the time.
Just how much time we have to wait is the real problem.

Yep it's very sad and I've heard lots of similar storys over the last 10 months but as I keep saying our Supreme Leaders are only interested in Covid-19 and nothing else.

I would be very interested to hear the daily deaths to the Normal Flu (Which seems to have disappeared ?), Cancer, MRSA, TB, Smoking, Suicide, Aids, Natural Causes, Other Viruses and Other Disease's ?. The Papers, Newes and our Supreme Leaders don't seem to tell us those numbers do they ?

We all know this season is over like we all know 2021 will be another year of our Supreme Leaders telling us/you what you can do and who you can see.

Happy New Year ?

Edited by Savagebee

Well surely that's it now for the 2020/21 season? 

giphy.gif