Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pinnock, Abbey or Evans?

Yeah Ben is a good striker, and those that seem to think he is really crap only remember his performances from earlier in the season, when he was playing alongside the likes of Leroy Huggins, and Pinns. I rate Pinns to, his goal at Farnborough was well taken and I think he could be a decent player. We have to remember that Pinns isnt really a striker and would probably play a good role similar to that of Benno's last year, but Drury is there.

Abbey can play well in phases but i agree with chris blanc (again?) that he does not put inn the effort that a player of his limited ability needs to as Rob Haworth, Pinnock, and Louie do which is why he would not get into my team and I also agree he has improved but lets face it he could not have got any worse I am afraid nothing will convince me that he is good enough to play conference football lets face it our centre half has scored more goals than our forwards this year.

• 1 month later...
Quote:
David Holden said:
Ben Abbey is easily the better striker of the two IMO

True, but Pinnock is easily the better goalscoring midfielder which is the position he played prior to joining the Fleet.

I'll settle for Roy and Manny up front and perm any four from six midfielders behind them....does anyone know when Ben Walshe is going to be fit again?

Quote:
David Holden said:
Ben Abbey is easily the better striker of the two IMO

Have to agree Dave - once Manny's loan spell is up, I'd go for Essendoh and Abbey up front.

Well, we can safely say it won't be Evans, can't we!? In fact, with Manny only on loan and Rob Haworth at Maidenhead for the rest of the season, our forward options don't actually look that extensive, as was proved yesterday. If you could stand Ben, Manny and Moussa on top each other, they'd barely be collectively as tall as Chris Moore!!!

Essandoh, Omoyinmi, Pinnock, Abbey and Battersby plus Sidibe leaves us with a few options.

Rob Howarth being on loan haunted us a bit yesterday as I felt we lacked a big man up top but Id rather him stay fit and be playing than rotting and not playing at all.

With Evans and Strouts now gone completely it leaves a couple of spaces for players to secure themselves deals for next year.

The players who have come into the club this season are another step up from those we have released recently. Chris Moore in particular has been exceptional.