Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 13/14/15 September - SSML Results/Reports

This week's fixtures:

Monday 13 September – (kick off 7.30pm)
Division Two
Milton Keynes College Football Academy v Berkhamsted Raiders

Tuesday 14 September – (kick off 7.45pm)
Premier Division
Arlesey Town v Crawley Green
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Milton Keynes Irish
Broadfields United v Holmer Green
Dunstable Town v Baldock Town
Hadley v London Colney
Harefield United v Tring Athletic
Harpenden Town v Flackwell Heath
Leverstock Green v Leighton Town
New Salamis v Oxhey Jets
Risborough Rangers v Ardley United

Wednesday 15th September – (kick off 7.45pm)
Division Two
Berkhamsted Comrades v Buckingham United
Codicote v Totternhoe

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Monday 13 September – (kick off 7.30pm)
Division Two

Interesting that this one is being broadcast live although there should be a good turn out of groundhoppers in attendance as there is a match programme:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

This evening's result, I gather it could have been a lot more:

Monday 13 September 
Division Two
Milton Keynes College Football Academy 3 Berkhamsted Raiders 0

8 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Interesting that this one is being broadcast live although there should be a good turn out of groundhoppers in attendance as there is a match programme:

Yes, I think the World and his wife was at MK Sport Central last night including the Wycombe Wanderer:

The Wycombe Wanderer: Milton Keynes College Academy - MK Sport Central (footygrounds.blogspot.com)

MK College Football Academy 3-0 Berkhamsted Raiders
SSML D2
Attendance: 128
Programme/Donation: £2

Was here with several hoppers, the facilities for spectators were poor with use forced to stand outside a cage, but the club was friendly and hopefully did well out of the night.

MK College Academy were ahead after 19 seconds, a square ball was played to Tyler Harvey who finished from around ten yards. The students continued to be on top and came close on 15 minutes when the Raiders keeper tipped a shot over the bar. The visitors came close to an equaliser on 29 minutes when they forced the home keeper to tip a shot over the bar but the resulting corner saw the ball scrambled clear. MK College doubled the lead on 35 minutes, a well-worked move finished with a low shot from the right from ten yards by Tysan Aluko. It was nearly three on 42 minutes, Luis Blanco-Martinez got himself into a good position but fired wide of the left-hand post. In the second half, Berkhamsted Raiders had a goal disallowed for offside. It was 3-0 on 60 minutes, a good run by an MK man saw him round the keeper, the shot was blocked but Connor Boyce was on hand to put home the rebound. Berkhamsted had a decent spell after this but the students hit the bar on 71 minutes. On 85 minutes, Raiders nearly pulled one back but the home keeper saved well with his right foot.

10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 14 September 
Premier Division
Risborough Rangers v Ardley United

This should be another routine win for Risborough Rangers:

Billede

Tuesday 14th September

PREMIER DIVISION

1-1 Arlesey Town v Crawley Green (Attendance: 63)                                                                                                                                                                              

3-2 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Milton Keynes Irish (Attendance: 67)

2-0 Broadfields United v Holmer Green (Attendance: 55)

0-2 Dunstable Town v Baldock Town (Attendance: 87)

3-1 Hadley v London Colney (Attendance: 98)

4-0 Harefield United v Tring Athletic (Attendance: 62)

0-2 Harpenden Town v Flackwell Heath (Attendance: 107)

2-3 Leverstock Green v Leighton Town (Attendance: 83)

10-0 New Salamis v Oxhey Jets (Attendance: 32)

3-2 Risborough Rangers v Ardley United (Attendance: 104)

Edited by Karen Browne

On-line match programmes from this evening where found:

Tuesday 14 September
Premier Division
Arlesey Town 1 Crawley Green 1
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 3 Milton Keynes Irish 2
Broadfields United 2 Holmer Green 0
Dunstable Town 0 Baldock Town 2
Hadley 3 London Colney 1
Harpenden Town 0 Flackwell Heath 2
New Salamis 10 Oxhey Jets 0

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

Full - Time

Leverstock Green 2 Leighton Town 3

Savagebee - Yes, I'm surprised GRS67 hasn't been on to gloat especially as LeverstocGreen were cruising at half time at 2-0 with three points in the bag, here's the match report. Joseph, the Goundhopping FC guy, was in attendance so his video should be up shortly:

(H) Leighton Town – Leverstock Green F.C. (levgreenfc.co.uk)

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, I'm surprised GRS67 hasn't been on to gloat especially as LeverstocGreen were cruising at half time at 2-0 with three points in the bag, here's the match report. Joseph, the Goundhopping FC guy, was in attendance so his video should be up shortly:

Enjoy ?

Match reports so far this week where found:

Monday 13 September 
Division Two
Tuesday 14 September
Premier Division
Dunstable Town 0 Baldock Town 2
Hadley 3 London Colney 1
Harefield United 4 Tring Athletic 0
Edited by Rhodes

19 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Tuesday 14th September

PREMIER DIVISION

3-2 Risborough Rangers v Ardley United (Attendance: 104)

A groundhopper from another Forum did 'a double' yesterday, he was at Chelsea's training ground in Cobham for a 1.00pm kick off between Chelsea and Zenit youth and at Risborough Rangers in the evening:

7.45 - Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division - Risborough Rangers 3 Ardley United 2 - Admission £7 - Programme online (free 4 page insert given out with admission) - Attendance 104
Choices for the evening and my original decision was to see the FA Vase match between Melton Town and West Bridgford until I spotted that the match was being played in Nottingham, although I haven’t seen the reason why the venue was switched. Instead I chose to go to Princes Risborough, which again was a new ground for me. They have a programme online but give out a four page supplement which covers the fixtures, squads and league tables. It’s exactly what I, and many others, have said that clubs should print if they can’t be bothered to print a full programme so full marks to Risborough Rangers.
The match was lively. It started off at a good pace with three goals in the first 15 minutes. Ardley took the lead after 2 minutes with a cracker from the much travelled Elliott Osbourne-Ricketts from the edge of the area which flew into the top right corner. Rangers were soon on level terms when a run down the left was pulled back to Adam Morris to equalise and they were soon ahead when a Morris corner found the unmarked Josh Urquhart whose header seemed to go through the visiting keeper.
Ardley got back on level terms on 69 minutes when Anachet Odhiambo scrambled the ball home but Rangers soon won a penalty when keeper Freddie Lapworth sliced a clearance and in trying to retrieve the situation, he bundled over Marcus Wyllie, who got up and sent the keeper the wrong way from the spot to get the winner.

Edited by Rhodes

17 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, thanks for posting it, be afraid, be very afraid, apparently Joseph is at Anfield this evening.

Edited by Rhodes

This evening's results:

Wednesday 15 September 
Division Two
Berkhamsted Comrades 2 Buckingham United 1

Codicote 1 Totternhoe 3

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, thanks for posting it, be afraid, be very afraid, apparently Joseph is at Anfield this evening.

I thought I had copywrite over that.

On 14/09/2021 at 22:41, Karen Browne said:

Tuesday 14th September

PREMIER DIVISION

10-0 New Salamis v Oxhey Jets (Attendance: 32)

I see the Inch brothers are back at Oxhey Jets FC trying to help the club that are in free fall right now! ?

On 15/09/2021 at 23:18, Rhodes said:

Wednesday 15 September 
Division Two

Codicote 1 Totternhoe 3

A groundhopper from another Forum was at this affair and gives a nice account:

Codicote FC 1 - 3 Totternhoe FC (HT 0 - 2)
John Clements Memorial Ground
Spartan South Midlands League Division Two (step 7)
Admission none
Programme none
Tea £1
Attendance est HC 56 and 2 dogs
Codicote is a small village in Hertfordshire near Welwyn. The sports complex is just on the edge of the village, and named after a local school teacher who rescued a group of school children from a burning building, only to be overcome from the smoke and dying himself in 1975. He was posthumously awarded the George Cross.
There is a small bar, an indoor badminton court, and some flood lit tennis courts, as well as the football pitch, which appears to overlap the cricket pitch, and 2 junior football pitches were also marked out. Movable dug outs were along the cricket pitch touchline, and a grandstand with 4 rows of plastic flip seats opposite. Plenty of car parking, as several different sports were happening.
The Cods never really shone throughout, with Totts opening the scoring at 6 minutes in. The Away bench was getting a bit vocal towards the Ref and just before the second half resumption of play received a card (yellow I think), unfortunately the Cods almost immediately gave away a penalty and found themselves down to 10 men, taking it to 3 nil down. A few injuries in the closing minutes causing a delay, meant it was beginning to really cool off by the FT whistle.

On 13/09/2021 at 22:56, Rhodes said:

Monday 13 September 
Division Two
Milton Keynes College Football Academy 3 Berkhamsted Raiders 0

Excellent Sports Shots coverage of this one including over 100 photographs:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2021/09/19/ssmfl-division-two-mk-college-football-academy-3-0-berkhamsted-raiders/