Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 6 September - SSML Results/Reports

The midweek fixtures:

Tuesday 6 September (all kick off 7.45pm)

SSML Challenge Trophy First Round
Biggleswade United v Old Bradwell United
Crawley Green v AFC Caddington
Dunstable Town v Baldock Town
Harpenden Town v Cockfosters
Leighton Town v Codicote
London Colney v Arlesey Town
Real Bedford FC v Raunds Town

SSML Division One Cup First Round
Buckingham Athletic v Langford
Northampton ON Chenecks v Wellingborough Whitworth
Northampton Sileby Rangers v Eaton Socon

Hertfordshire FA Senior Challenge Cup First Round
Bishop's Stortford v Leverstock Green

On 05/09/2022 at 13:08, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 6 September
Crawley Green v AFC Caddington

The match programme:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com/clubs/73930/Q0vsDXvUSCmTvCsV0Xsw_06 Sep 22 - Progamme Tuesday v Caddington FC - merged.pdf

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

22 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 6 September 

Leighton Town v Codicote

The impressive match programme:

https://issuu.com/leightontownfc/docs/20220906_leighton_town_v_codicote_v2

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 6 September 

Biggleswade United v Old Bradwell United

This one has a shock written all over it doesn't it, see the match programme:

https://view.publitas.com/biggleswade-united-football-club/official-match-programme-biggleswade-united-v-old-bradwell-united-tuesday-6th-september-2022/page/1

Billede

On 05/09/2022 at 13:13, RallyInRaleigh said:

Sadly no streaming the cups for Real Bedford so I'll be glued to twitter for various updates. Hope to see some smaller sides punch above their weight in the GCT.

Edited by Rhodes

22 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Sadly no streaming the cups for Real Bedford so I'll be glued to twitter for various updates. Hope to see some smaller sides punch above their weight in the GCT.

RallyInRaleigh - Yes, that's disappointing isn't it, I wonder how seriously the Club will take the Challenge Trophy and Division One Cup this season as promotion is their top priority:

Billede

22 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 6 September 

Dunstable Town v Baldock Town

This one hinges on which Baldock Town turns up, the one who beat Hoddesdon Town 8-2 or the one who lost 9-2 at Leighton Town and 5-0 at Crawley Green:

Billede

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

RallyInRaleigh - Yes, that's disappointing isn't it, I wonder how seriously the Club will take the Challenge Trophy and Division One Cup this season as promotion is their top priority:

Billede

I hope they go for it all but what fan doesn't. I will say, if the broader audience is fairly heavy American (certainly more so than most SSML clubs), they'd do well to go deep in these cups. Americans LIVE for playoffs lol

Tuesday 6 September
Harpenden Town v Cockfosters

This is a difficult tie to call isn't it, Cockfosters are winless in the League so far however have two hard fought 2-2 draws away from Chalk Lane at Biggleswade United and Stotfold:

Billede

Tuesday 6 September
London Colney v Arlesey Town

The match programme:

https://issuu.com/londoncolney/docs/lc_v_arlesey

Billede

Tuesday 6 September 

Buckingham Athletic v Langford

We seem to be forgetting the Division One Cup ties taking place this evening:

Billede

The results:

Tuesday 6 September

Biggleswade United 8 Old Bradwell United 5
Crawley Green 3 AFC Caddington 2
Dunstable Town 4 Baldock Town 0
Harpenden Town 0 Cockfosters 1
Leighton Town 7 Codicote 0
London Colney 1 Arlesey Town 2
Real Bedford FC 9 Raunds Town 1

Buckingham Athletic 1 Langford 0
Northampton ON Chenecks 1 Wellingborough Whitworth 0
Northampton Sileby Rangers 0 Eaton Socon 0 (Eaton Socon win 5-4 on pens)

Hertfordshire FA Senior Challenge Cup First Round
Bishop's Stortford 5 Leverstock Green 0

Edited by Rhodes

7 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

I hope they go for it all but what fan doesn't. I will say, if the broader audience is fairly heavy American (certainly more so than most SSML clubs), they'd do well to go deep in these cups. Americans LIVE for playoffs lol

I am glad you are watching in America, Real Bedord truely global, I watch every streamed match and I am in Bolivia

13 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 6 September
Biggleswade United 8 Old Bradwell United 5

What entertainment at Second Meadow last night, watch the whole match although the commentator is a bit annoying, he's not David Coleman:

Rhodes, can you bring me up to speed on the rest of the GCT? I know it's single elimination throughout but it looks like many more teams are left to play their opener yet. Once that's complete is there a redraw after each round? How long will it run? I'm still hoping we get a shot at one of the premier teams as it'll be our only shot to play up this season. 

23 hours ago, RallyInRaleigh said:

Rhodes, can you bring me up to speed on the rest of the GCT? I know it's single elimination throughout but it looks like many more teams are left to play their opener yet. Once that's complete is there a redraw after each round? How long will it run? I'm still hoping we get a shot at one of the premier teams as it'll be our only shot to play up this season. 

RallyInRaleigh - As you say there are still a lot of Challenge Trophy First Round ties still to be played, the draw for the Second Round will be made at some point and possibly Real Bedford will meet a Premier Division Club who certainly will not relish a trip to McMullen Park. You have to feel sorry for London Tigers who drew Real Bedford at home in the Division One Cup First Round, that tie is being played this Saturday (10 September) so unfortunately you will have no live stream to watch again. 

30 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

RallyInRaleigh - As you say there are still a lot of Challenge Trophy First Round ties still to be played, the draw for the Second Round will be made at some point and possibly Real Bedford will meet a Premier Division Club who certainly will not relish a trip to McMullen Park. You have to feel sorry for London Tigers who drew Real Bedford at home in the Division One Cup First Round, that tie is being played this Saturday (10 September) so unfortunately you will have no live stream to watch again. 

Who knows. The tigers gave them all they wanted a week ago on that same ground. I'll be following along on twitter hoping for another win but am much more worried about this one. 

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

Real Bedford FC will be away in the Second Round on Saturday 29 October against Aylesbury Vale Dynamos

karen, why didn't you publish the Second Round draw on here, we're all in the dark and whistling in the wind.

Edited by Rhodes