Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hawaii 5 0 (again)

urchinman1961

Well seen a few over the years and been on the receiving end,strange start to the evening lots of drizzle absence of fans Well no Casuals and where where their officials gremlins with the national anthem and no lights in the Riverside stand,now for the positive stuff one way traffic all night could have been more,proper Urchin football albeit the Casuals were dreadful up to 3rd in the league up the Urchins 

5 star performance tonight , we did not stop throughout the game, superb debut from Reid tonight at RB . Great defending tonight from the boys and great chances from the boys aswell , we could off had more goals , but we can’t be too greedy ?. Referee had a howler tonight on a few decisions , but not complaining too much. Corinthian Casuals didn’t show up tonight from the start in match performance and away support. Well done though to our supporters that came out tonight to support the boys in the rain. Now bring on Maldon and tiptree Fc in the cup. Up the chins 

What a thoroughly unpleasant and gobby side Casuals were (and their manager).

Their website states "Promoting fair play, sportsmanship and the Corinthian spirit since 1882".

I should think their founding fathers are turning in their graves.

In fairness to the referee, I though he called the handball right as there did seem to be covering defenders but only a yellow when the guy launched himself and took out Nash? Was well worth a red in my view.

On a wet and Miserable night I thought for the whole 90 minutes+ the urchins played very well as a team despite missing so many first team players it was solid and clinical.  The new players we have brought in recently have settled well and will no doubt cause Mark a few headaches going forward with team selection which can only be a good thing.

As for the game Corinthian tried to be physical and could not contain some excellent passing all across the park and I was really pleased to see the hunger from all the players to keep trying to score at every opportunity and all of our subs came on to keep that pressure on to give us 5-0

This performance is as impressive if not slightly better that the team spirit that got us the comeback 3-2 win over Enfield and shows that the team is stepping up from last seasons heartache. 

Hopefully we can have a good FA Cup run and Trophy Run and carry some of the momentum we are gathering into those tournaments in the coming weeks. Maldon will be a tough game but if the lads play well and keep things up we can win it

Well done to the players and management team

Up The Urchins