Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Margate

seemgee

150 minute journey to watch 22 blokes who didn't have a scooby 🤬

Felt sorry for all the free entrants and their youngsters...they won't be back!

Pathetic performance by both teams Margate must be one of the poorest teams I have seen this season they seemed more interested on spending as much time as possible rolling around on the floor which meant the game was stop start all the time,Enfield on the other hand were content to hit long balls all the time and hope something fell for them (which it didn’t) it’s worrying that our performances have dropped off at the wrong time off the season and we’re finding goals from open play almost impossible.in my opinion we really need to replace the injured Spencer at full back as Wilson-braithwaite who is currently playing there,although a decent central defender is proving a bit of a liability in that position 

Right back is least of our worries.

As said previously, since the Riccy game, our scoring has escaped us and we seem to have forgotten how to defend too.   Poor performances thrown in and we haven't looked like a top 6 team.

Worrying that with the bigger crowd games for public workers and today...(couldn't make it down today) by the sound of things both games were very much below par performances which is a shame when we should be trying to attract fresh fans.

Guess Andy will say again he needs to mix it up again and try squad players.....even though it's been too many games in a row.

This is looking like more of a "break" part of our season now!!

Anyone else report back on how the game went?

98 mins I won't be getting back. Half time was a blessed relief sandwiched in between something which was one of the worst investments of time and money I have ever made. Awful. Terrible. Clueless.

The fact that the management decided to persevere with long balls for the entirety of the game tells me that they lack the courage to try to provide any kind of entertainment. It was painful.

Playing at home, in a play-off position, and absolutely terrified to do anything other than squeeze the play and hit long, hopeful balls? The pitch is pretty good, and with players like Lyle Della Verde on it we know that we can spread the play and get crosses in from the touch line. 

With a run of tough away games ahead it feels as if the wheels are coming off, and we only have ourselves to blame.

Doesn't make good reading CC and I sympathise with your sentiments. But it was always on the cards it would happen. Having got together a squad that appeared to want to play the game on the ground, as soon as the going gets tough, AL always reverts back to his long ball game. But I said this when he first arrived . Only he knows why he keeps playing only half his attacking force at the start of each games only he knows. 

I would recommend CC and LS' comments near the end of the posts on the Folkestone game which summarises what has happened over the past few years perfectly.

Perhaps certain people who consider us doomsters will have their say on this but it won't change what one see put in front of you. That is unless someone is willing to change.

I wonder what the players think???  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Probably for the best in hindsight...on the grounds we can't afford to be promoted anyway 😕🤦‍♂️

Then if that's the case WX we might as well go ahead with the plans, per the proposed scheme,  and forget the football!!!!

NO WAY!!!!  If we don't get promotion or even get into the play-offs  we should get back to basics and priorities attention to the playing side of the club.

Back when we obtained our 99yrs lease on the QE11 I said that to sustain the running of the Stadium the club  had to ensure that we had a team good enough to maintain it and meet our ambitions. Not for the want of trying that has yet to be done. But I some times feel we have taken our eye of the ball by focusing a lot of on other initiatives, as worthy as they may be.

Having said that let us all hope that the current situation is soon corrected and we finally get the result we all wish for.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Honestly think we've plateaued?? or hit our ceiling.  

Cannot get past the lower half teams....Wingate, Margate, et al.  Top 6 teams know how to play against us and our form against them isn't as good as it could or should be.   I was hopeful when we were briefly top of the table but since them seems that we got dizzy and have reverted back to form.  

I think if we were playing good football and staying in games then we wouldn't be having these conversations.   

However, too often it is a case of 2 points dropped and this is probably our stickiest patch of the season.   Two 3 nil losses.   Low scoring draws.  Strugging all over the pitch.   We certainly don't look like a team who were recently table toppers.

Frustrating thing is we have a decent squad.   Results don't match up with the quality we have and I thought with the addition of Chez that would give us some extra quality.    Unfortunately we are now not excelling in one area.

Draw

Win(very tight)

Loss

Loss

Draw

Other results have gone our way however we can't afford to have any more runs like the current one!!   Interesting that we've just signed Mo Kamara on dual registration too.  

4 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Then if that's the case WX we might as well go ahead with the plans, per the proposed scheme,  and forget the football!!!!

NO WAY!!!!  If we don't get promotion or even get into the play-offs  we should get back to basics and priorities attention to the playing side of the club.

Back when we obtained our 99yrs lease on the QE11 I said that to sustain the running of the Stadium the club  had to ensure that we had a team good enough to maintain it and meet our ambitions. Not for the want of trying that has yet to be done. But I some times feel we have taken our eye of the ball by focusing a lot of on other initiatives, as worthy as they may be.

Having said that let us all hope that the current situation is soon corrected and we finally get the result we all wish for.

Not sure you understood my post 4WF, if so...apologies.

I agree with your post; as someone returning from the Southbury Road 70's, I'd rather see a committed, winning team than a load of building projects...don't plan ahead eh?

On 25/02/2023 at 22:57, The Crowing Cockerel said:

The pitch is pretty good, and with players like Lyle Della Verde on it we know that we can spread the play and get crosses in from the touch line.

No question it was a poor game, we never looked like breaking through. I can’t recall any flowing moves or clear cut chances. I agree with comments re the long ball, we really should have tried something different in the second half when it was clear we weren’t getting anywhere. If we’re going to play long, Cunnington needs either Cass or Wylie up top with him. Unfortunate that Coker got injured so early but I didn’t think he was playing close enough to Cunnington anyway. Cass should have started with Cunnington in my opinion.

I haven’t got to many games this season and couldn’t understand why Della Verde hadn’t got back into the starting 11. I’m a big  fan of LDV, such a skilful player, but having seen the Margate game I can see why he isn’t getting picked. He didn’t look right, lots of arm waving and head shakes when he wasn’t passed to, but lost the ball several times when he could have picked a simple pass instead. Not sure what’s going on but I hope he gets over it, we need him back firing on all cylinders. Tough month coming up ……