Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dartford Away

Sir Rebel1965

A fine win which hopefully can kick-start our season. We led after a scrappy and turgid first half. When Dartford, having clearly been given a rollicking, equalised early in the second half I thought "here we go again", but to our credit we didn't lose our heads, we weathered the pressure and nicked a second. A night in which we were more clinical in taking chances and less panicky at the back means we come away with a precious three points.

I thought it was a perfect away performance.

We didn't pack our defence relying on the breakaway.

We passed the ball around nicely especially in the first half which I think we shaded.

Dartford came into it strongly in the second half but we stood firm gave them a goal back but remained solid and got the all important winner.

Great win not predicted by some doubting Thomas's 😅

COYR!!!!!

Be honest no one expected that! Great result and performance and every player put their bodies on the line and fought for every ball. This is should now be the standard set for the rest of the season. It was very frustrating that no commentary or sound in the second half was provided by Dartford, poor show from them.

Edited by GlenSTFC

4 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Be honest no one expected that! Great result and performance and every player put their bodies on the line and fought for every ball. This is should now be the standard set for the rest of the season. It was very frustrating that no commentary or sound in the second half was provided by Dartford, poor show from them.

I watched it on the NL tv, no sound, no time clock, camera couldn't catch up with the ball when it was played into the corners and a bit of blurred vision when the ball was played forward. Apart from that it was ok 😏.

3 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I watched it on the NL tv, no sound, no time clock, camera couldn't catch up with the ball when it was played into the corners and a bit of blurred vision when the ball was played forward. Apart from that it was ok 😏.

Yep same with the picture out of focus regularly and the cameraman very slow to keep up with the action. Would like to know how my £9.50 is divided, hoping Slough get some part of it.

10 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Big game on Saturday after Aveley won away at Maidstone to go top.

Shame we have to play the league leaders next! But if we put that same level of performance in then you never know and plus you’d think tonight’s result would give the team a massive lift in confidence.

1 hour ago, GlenSTFC said:

Yep same with the picture out of focus regularly and the cameraman very slow to keep up with the action. Would like to know how my £9.50 is divided, hoping Slough get some part of it.

Shame we have to play the league leaders next! But if we put that same level of performance in then you never know and plus you’d think tonight’s result would give the team a massive lift in confidence.

Great result and not a surprise to me The Dartford social media has been moaning about their poor start for weeks Tonight we are 22ndwith six points Dartford are 17th with nine points We've both won 2 each Why shouldn't we be winning games like this? Will be great to meet Aveley on Saturday and put a few past Northy!

9 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Great result and not a surprise to me The Dartford social media has been moaning about their poor start for weeks Tonight we are 22ndwith six points Dartford are 17th with nine points We've both won 2 each Why shouldn't we be winning games like this? Will be great to meet Aveley on Saturday and put a few past Northy!

That's funny Adrian, I didn't see your normal up beat pre match prediction.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 😉

56 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

That's funny Adrian, I didn't see your normal up beat pre match prediction.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 😉

Tell me when I last gave an upbeat pre match prediction?  Not with our poor start this season However Dartford have also started worse than they expected with their social media up in arms for weeks I opted not to join the doom and gloomers who were talking up Dartford presumably anticipating another defeat Now on to Aveley  The boost of confidence after last night should make us at least equals on Sat at KO imo. After all one of Dartfords two wins was a 1-0  against Aveley!

5 hours ago, Curtis said:

I didn’t see the match….. what a fantastic result & incredible turnaround from Saturday.

Congratulations to Scott, all the management & players.

I 2nd your post a big difference to get your first teamers back in the side just hope those players will be git fir Saturday's game.

9 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Anyone know why Sundire didn’t play last night? 

According to Scott he felt his injury in the warm up.

I thought originally his injury was only minor but seems not.

1 hour ago, Irishadrian said:

Tell me when I last gave an upbeat pre match prediction?  Not with our poor start this season However Dartford have also started worse than they expected with their social media up in arms for weeks I opted not to join the doom and gloomers who were talking up Dartford presumably anticipating another defeat Now on to Aveley  The boost of confidence after last night should make us at least equals on Sat at KO imo. After all one of Dartfords two wins was a 1-0  against Aveley!

We've got players who are playing with injuries so hopefully they recover in time for Saturday.

With a first choice side out we've a good chance to upset the league leaders who are flying at the moment.

Edited by Reading Rebel