Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kingstonian V ETFC

Town cruising at 0-3 up with 20 minutes to play.

Oli Knight decides to exact some revenge for a naughty tackle on him and manages to get himself sent off.

Kingstonian quickly score 2 and we're currently clinging on and looking in serious danger of dropping points.

Sounded lucky that we got over the line.   2 red cards in 2 games and now have some important games home and away coming up.

Think worst thing for a coach is probably when a team beats itself and last couple of games don't think we've really imposed ourselves although admittedly very good to go 3-0 up away from home but equally frustrating to concede two late goals to a team down at the bottom who we really should put out of sight if we're serious about staying in the playoff positions this year.

Ollie has been a consistent starter this year so will be interesting to see who comes in and hopefully steps up.

I agree DJW, there appears to be a definite trend appearing. A lack of concentration in the last 20 minutes seems to  be occurring. This is usually induced by tiredness, which in turn can affect your mental slow down.

This may be the result of the size and ability of the squad. 

I am sure that Gavin is quite aware of this. From my understanding of his latest interview he inferred that it may be necessary for him to seek some new blood.

I am also confident that he and his coaching will think up some new drills in training to help to overcome the reduction of fitness during a game. 

The next two away games will be a test. Let's hope they come through them with at least 3points. This will keep them on track for an average of 2pts a game.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

The squad is definitely stronger this year than last. Losing Youngs and Knight for 2 to 3 games in unfortunate but we have options in midfield (Gucci, Adjei-Hersey, Birch, Bessadi) plus the new young striker. Okotcha is the player I hope regains fitness quickly - or do we get another look at the young CB who debuted earlier in the FA Cup?

Gutted to miss the game Weds - travelling south from Bolton but family emergency meant a change of plan! Was going to be a new ground as well!

I'm pleased we got back to winning ways after the 2 cup exits ... 

Josh looked good at Cray and sounds like he had a great game - so a valuable addition to who should be a regular starter

I expected a Thomas-Birch double protection more than we have used this season - but again this will be useful vs stronger sides.

Does feel like the management team do not have enough faith in the bench - - as some players not getting much game time - so will be interesting to see how we replace 2 of our best players due to suspensions.

Sounds like Ollie's was a reaction and he will learn from it, Sam's to me was clumsy but unlucky. Wouldnt say we have a discipline issue.

Roll on a month of tough fixtures that will really show how far this team have come ...