Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Better late than never

urchinman1961

We looked woefully out of sorts for long periods of the game but ẁe are human after all then on comes Femi my mom totally destroyed the visitors onwards and upwards boys,up the Urchins 

It was a funny old game. Some of our possession in the first half was impressive, even at one nil down, we played with confidence. second half and Folkestone played well, Ade Cole (8) caused us no end of issues and under their pressure we conceded a second. We seemed to be a foot off the ball for most of the half. Then the subs came on. Our press and determination paid off and some good opportunities before the goals started coming. 4-2 at home on a Tuesday night, against a well organised and capable team, I will take that all day long. Onwards to Concord.

I think we were rather fortunate to get the 3 points today. I felt there were several individual uncharacteristic mistakes being made on the pitch with passes going straight to Folkestone feet, and losing the ball on the turn too much. Their number 8 caused a lot of problems as previously mentioned.

However, it shows the team has a lot of character to dust themselves down and keep going. We managed to break them down scoring 3 goals in that 9 minutes spell. These are the kind of results that will make the difference at the end of the season.

Looking onto Saturdays game, we can’t take Concord’s league position for granted, and need to put in a strong performance that we know this team is well capable of.

I think we are going have to accept that there’s a target on our back now. Folkestone worked really hard and forced errors out of us - having said that we always looked dangerous on the attack and Femi made a real impact when he came on. When you’ve got Femi, Ade and Liam , that’s a lot of firepower up front. Right result but boy, did we have to work for it. Well done to all

We were very sloppy with our passing today, all their attacks came from our own doing. Thought we were fortunate to be 1-1 at half time. Then second half Nash missed a couple of golden opportunities but you can’t expect him to have a good game all the time, this is where we need other players to step up and they did. Yusuff I thought was brilliant today and been really good all season. When Dion made that mistake for their goal I thought that it was going to be one of them nights but this team doesn’t give up. Folkestone made us work for that and it shows that nobody in this league is a pushover and that goes for concord this week as well, we have to earn it!