Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Canvey Island

seemgee

Agreed with the above: the performance (2nd half especially) was very pleasing - we worked hard across the pitch, and the 3rd goal was really pleasing on the eye, with two perfect passes and a very neat finish. Very good response to Tuesday's disappointment and hopefully we get some momentum now to consolidate a playoff slot. Sam given MoM, and no complaints from me, although it could have been one of about eight, and all of the back four deserve a lot of credit,

We lose a couple of games or let some goals in and the fans are all over it here.

Saturday sounded like our most solid performance of the season, unfortunately couldn't get down and we have 2 responses.

Would be great to hear how we actually played and what the game was like please?

I don't know what to make of Town as a team at the moment. I guess that's probably because we're very much a work in progress. Perhaps much like the players, I'm having to get used to being comfortable and confident with us being out of possession. I don't know whether this defensively solid, counter-attacking football is the way Gavin ultimately wants to play at home, or whether he's cutting his cloth according to the players he has. What I do know for sure though is that without Sam Youngs we would be struggling in some of these games (- see Lewes). 

Its a crying shame Jake Cass can't be involved for the foreseeable future. I think he'd love the pressing in the final third and would've bagged a few by now. Unfortunately I'm yet to be convinced that George Sykes is the answer in the hunt for a replacement. Marcus Wiley is effectively a new player this season. He's playing with the confidence of a Mo Faal - every time he gets the ball you think somethings going to happen. The management are to be credited for this transformation.

More easily said than done, but I think we need to find a creative central midfielder to pull the strings more than the likes of Scott Thomas currently can. That might allow the management to tweak our style of play a little. Perhaps Josh Keeya will grow into that role?

Not complaining, but I felt 3-0 flattered us a little on Saturday. On another day Canvey (who didn't display the form of the past 18mths) could've had a couple. Delighted with the 3 points and the clean sheet, but hoping for - rather than expecting - consistency at the moment.

15 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

I think we need to find a creative central midfielder to pull the strings more than the likes of Scott Thomas currently can. That might allow the management to tweak our style of play a little.

Take a look at Leo Donnellan,  just signed from Hendon; we should see him tonight. He might just be what we're looking for