Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Hampton & Richmond (away)

Reading Rebel

If name dropping and hyperbole in public statements attracted points they'd already have won the league.

You don’t normally see 2 sharp dressed Italian brothers owning a non league club do you! I watched their most recent interview and it was interesting but more so that they admit they’re not in for enjoyment but more building a business. So they’re not your typical football loving owners but they obviously have money and big ambitions and it’ll be interesting to see how far they can take the club.

59 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

You don’t normally see 2 sharp dressed Italian brothers owning a non league club do you! I watched their most recent interview and it was interesting but more so that they admit they’re not in for enjoyment but more building a business. So they’re not your typical football loving owners but they obviously have money and big ambitions and it’ll be interesting to see how far they can take the club.

Wrong again, Stefano Petruzzo may have an Italian name, but he is  

British , in fact they both are.

Edited by Windsor Rebel
edit

3 hours ago, Kaiser Gibbs Batman (KGB) said:

If name dropping and hyperbole in public statements attracted points they'd already have won the league.

Well they certainly talk the talk let’s see how far they can walk! 

6 hours ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

Not seen anything KGB, care to share?

I did a google search for the club and looked at some of the results. They list Paul Tisdale amongst their many advisers and apparently consider Mel Gwinnett to be a world class manager. As with all things, time will tell.

14 hours ago, Windsor Rebel said:

Wrong again, Stefano Petruzzo may have an Italian name, but he is  

British , in fact they both are.

They're both Italian/Argentinian. Born in Sardinia, raised in Buenos Aires.

And no, Hampton don't own the Bev, it's leased from the Council.

22 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

So what do you put their sudden increase in attendances down to?

Looking at their home attendances this season they started with 723 with two more at 844 and 935 the rest have been over a 1,100 mainly against clubs like Yeovil, Torquay and Maidstone culminating with 1,355 against Weston and their top gate against us yesterday.

If not down to success and being second in the table what is it down to? 

One of their supporters said to me that all their youth teams get in free now so I guess if those kids bring a parent or coach to watch over them then numbers and revenue are boosted.

14 minutes ago, DonnyNo6 said:

One of their supporters said to me that all their youth teams get in free now so I guess if those kids bring a parent or coach to watch over them then numbers and revenue are boosted.

Don’t we have a similar arrangement with our youth teams?

23 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Do they own their ground?

Is that part of Hazlewood they are trying to obtain? 

14 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Don’t we have a similar arrangement with our youth teams?

I honestly don't know, I have seen a few around at times but I don't know if that's a blanket option???

4 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Normal Membership is FREE to under 14's

So free entry for Hampton’s youth players won’t be a reason why their attendances are significantly better than our attendances

14 hours ago, Curtis said:

So free entry for Hampton’s youth players won’t be a reason why their attendances are significantly better than our attendances

Maybe not but when my lad played against their U18s a couple of times at the Beveree the season before last they had 37 youth/junior teams I was told.

If that's roughly 12 a team plus parent(s) and coaches coming through the turnstile that's well over 450 bodies, not saying its all of it but there were literally hundreds of kids there on New Years Day. 

There was a group of twenty odd standing near me all in Hampton Tracksuits with parents/coaches in tow.

24 minutes ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Maybe not but when my lad played against their U18s a couple of times at the Beveree the season before last they had 37 youth/junior teams I was told.

If that's roughly 12 a team plus parent(s) and coaches coming through the turnstile that's well over 450 bodies, not saying its all of it but there were literally hundreds of kids there on New Years Day. 

There was a group of twenty odd standing near me all in Hampton Tracksuits with parents/coaches in tow.

But if you give away free entry, what income does it give you - other than bar/food sales?

It's all part of the hype the new owners are building for the club.

New owners putting money into the club, success on the pitch and big crowds to go with it.

If Hampton were towards the bottom of the division their crowds would be nowhere near what they are.

If we were 2nd in the division I'm sure our attendances would be averaging around the 1,000 mark. 

As a club off the pitch we are on an upward curve but we need success on the pitch to go with it before we start to see our attendances averaging around the elusive 1,000 mark.

For those that are Slough Town FC members please ensure you read your e-mail offer from the Slough Town FC Clubshop yesterday, which will give you an opportunity to help boost the attendance for Saturday’s home match against Taunton.

The weather is forecast to be dry, and our last match was an entertaining 3-3 draw with a last minute equaliser, so hopefully we will get a good attendance.

https://ethicalticketing.org/slough-town-fc/event/309004886

(Please read the offer below the ticket pricing details)

Edited by Curtis

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Curtis said:

For those that are Slough Town FC members please ensure you read your e-mail offer from the Slough Town FC Clubshop yesterday, which will give you an opportunity to help boost the attendance for Saturday’s home match against Taunton.

The weather is forecast to be dry, and our last match was an entertaining 3-3 draw with a last minute equaliser, so hopefully we will get a good attendance.

Taunton are not a big draw and won't bring many so it'll be practically all down to us to get a decent crowd.

With the inducements we have on the table and decent weather are we looking at a minimum 1,000? 

Edited by Reading Rebel

4 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Taunton are not a big draw and won't bring many so it'll be practically all down to us to get a decent crowd.

With that sort of inducements on the table and decent weather are we looking at a minimum 1,000? 

Its FA Cup weekend so hopefully we will get a few who are usually League season ticket holders at Premiership clubs.