Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Friendly ref

djwilf

Is the ref allowed to play an advantage there? If the laws say he can't, then fair enough (the rights or wrongs of the laws is another debate) - otherwise not a decision I'd be happy with if I was on the receiving end. I don't think any of the players from either side stopped because they assumed the offside was going to be given. I see Cray won 2-1 anyway, so at least there can't be any complaints that it cost them points.

I saw it as being offfside.   Didn't see it as a foul at all.   If it was a foul then flag was incorrect as it should be a shaking of the flag followed by the direction of which team was awarded the fk.   To allow the goal and then bring it all the way back for an offside is staggering.

Advantages can be given for offside and the referee can just acknowledge the flag as they are all joined up electronically these days with AR's having buzzers in their flags and Referees having a receiver on their arm.

After giving a goal seems quite something to then bring it back for a Free Kick to Cray as signalled by the arm straight up in the air.   

Would love to know what score Cray gave him after that or if he was being assessed!!

Yes.    I think 80-90% of the officials I've seen in league games have the big and bulky flags with a button on.   When they flag for offside you press a button which informs the referee and then put flag up.

I stopped refereeing 10+ years ago and quite a few of the referees had them back then at this level.

Any officials who want to move up the system would be recommended to use that as it's a requirement as you move up the pyramid.

Next time you see a game look out for these......if the AR have them they're all connected up.   You can see the button for the buzzer just before the handle joins the flag.

Referees usually have the receiver around the tricep under their shirts and before the game they signal to AR to ensure the buzzer is working.

Screenshot2024-02-23at17_18_30.png.9adfb7b3d9b7bebd9b30900b5f8cf4cb.png

Edited by djwilf

I know it’s your forum but I just wanted to say I was at your game when you played Hashtag at home and it’s the exact same ref. Forget about the lino, the ref has to overrule him there. Luckily for cray, it didn’t effect the result but it’s good this stuff is picked up even when the result goes your way. His performance at your place was comical, the mike Dean of the isthmian league . Look how he dished out yellow cards. Strange bloke. I’m not surprised that it’s him that was involved in the worst decision of the season.

6 minutes ago, Up the chins said:

I know it’s your forum but I just wanted to say I was at your game when you played Hashtag at home and it’s the exact same ref. Forget about the lino, the ref has to overrule him there. Luckily for cray, it didn’t effect the result but it’s good this stuff is picked up even when the result goes your way. His performance at your place was comical, the mike Dean of the isthmian league . Look how he dished out yellow cards. Strange bloke. I’m not surprised that it’s him that was involved in the worst decision of the season.

RPReplay_Final1698694001.mov 8.5 MB · 0 downloads  

It sounds like everyone has a story about this ref. He made 2 appalling penalty decisions in our game with Hashtag - plus adjudging from 40yds away that our keeper had handled the ball outside the area when taking a kick! The only good thing is that he appears to be equally bad for all teams! 

Utc....thanks for your input.   Yes.  Giving incorrect decisions when 30 40 yds away.     Everywhere he goes is the same.    Penaty for Cheshunt was absoltely laughable.

He has one thing going for him....at least he s consistent.    :lick2:

9 minutes ago, Up the chins said:

RPReplay_Final1698694001.mov 8.5 MB · 1 download  

4 hours ago, djwilf said:

Advantages can be given for offside and the referee can just acknowledge the flag as they are all joined up electronically these days with AR's having buzzers in their flags and Referees having a receiver on their arm.

Thanks for confirming djwilf - in that case, it's a shocker - just give the advantage (they scored, so there clearly was an advantage).